105: Teatime Worries

"I cannot believe it! Ministry Passes Educational Decree Number Twenty−Three: Dolores Umbridge Appointed Hogwarts High Inquisitor" You complained during your teatime with Severus. "That slime really did it! She's going to inspect us!"

"Are you concerned about your teaching abilities?" Severus sipped his tea and raised a brow. He gave away no emotions.

"You cad!" You tossed the newspaper at him and he raised his lips in a smile. "You know I'm not. I just don't like to be inspected. Especially since I teach a rather... forward thinking of part-human creatures. She's already been explicit that she would prefer them with no rights or better yet, slaughtered!" You hadn't even had a sip of tea yet, because of this rant. "That's not all. The High Inquisitor also has the power to fire us. What if I get fired? What help can I be then?"

Severus reached out and held your hand. "Simply prep your students. Let them know of the change in curriculum and why." He explained. "Change before she makes you. It will make you seem more compliant... even though I know that must be tough for you."

You laughed at the tease and squeezed his hand back. "I know, I know... it's just so against my moral code. I spend time with the merfolk and centaurs... why would I want them hurt?"

"If that has not been made clear to your students yet, then perhaps you should be fired."

"The teasing!" You laughed and shook your head. "Severus thinks he is so funny today! What has you so merry, dear?"

Suddenly, the smile dropped off of Severus' face and his cheeks tinted pink. "I... would rather not say."

"No! You must now!" You looked at him with the puppy dog eyes you knew made him uncomfortable, yet pliant. It only took a minute or so before he gave in.

"You have... I have noticed that in bed... we sleep much closer together now... it helps to have better sleep, you see..." He muttered.

"I like cuddling in bed too." You cut to the point he was getting at, causing him to blush even harder. "So, I hope I don't get fired and kicked out! Then you'll have to warm the bed by yourself!"

The rest of the teatime was spent in quiet joy, both professors simply relishing each other's presence. You deeply wished that Dolores would leave this precious time alone. Already, you could imagine her stating how improper it was to be seen with your husband during school hours. In fact, you wondered if she would come after your relationship with this newfound power. Her deference to Severus, however, bode well for the fact that she would not. You would simply have to be extra-careful; certainly, no more snogging in the teachers' lounge.