113: Severus Visits The Order

"Have you seen Kreacher? Haven't seen him lurking about." Sirius asked you and Harry in the kitchen.

"Probably avoiding you. You're cruel to him. Grandma was nicer." You sipped your tea with disdain and showed your annoyance freely with the color of peach.

"Haven't seen him." Harry sipped his as well, looking at you.

"Oh well." Your uncle ignored you. "Maybe he's crawled up into the air ducts and died... mustn't get my hopes up though."

You scowled as the back door to the kitchen suddenly slammed open.

"Potter, Esmeralda... excellent. I'd like a word."

"Well, come on in." You laughed. "Welcome."

Severus wasn't in the mood however, and he marched over to the table and sat down next to you. "Sit, Potter."

You uncle approached and crossed his arms. Letting out a long sigh, you set your tea down to try and head off the argument.

"You know, I don't like people giving orders in my house." Sirius' body language looked like it was gearing for a fight. You put a hand on Severus to attempt to ground him.

"How unfortunate for you. Now, kindly get out. My instructions from Dumbledore are to talk with Potter with only my wife. It will only take a moment." You can tell, besides the slight jab, Severus is trying to be civil.

"I'm his godfather. I think I'll stay."

"If it's what I think it is, Severus, it is fine." Your voice softly rang out.

You could see your husband's face twitch in annoyance but continues on. "Very well, then. I know how you like to pretend you're useful." Sirius stiffened, but ignored the jab to your surprise. "It is the Headmaster's wish that my wife and I teach you Occlumency, Potter."

"What's that?" Harry asked, confused. You figure he's forgotten the lesson on it. Typical teenager. "Occlumency. It is an ancient form of magic that allows you to defend your mind from external intrusion. I will use Legilimency to invade your mind, Professor Tonks will help you with the Occlumency. We begin at six−o−clock on Monday, Potter." He stood up and motioned for you to follow him. "Well, unlike Sirius here, I don't have unlimited leisure time."

"Just a second, Snape. If I hear that you're using this to give Harry a hard time, you'll have me to answer to."

"Uncle! You know Dumbledore wouldn't allow such a petty thing." You scolded him, but neither man stood down. Severus began walking towards the door.

"How touching. Yet, Potter is incredibly like his father. Criticism simply bounces off of him." You tried not to laugh, but your humor was quickly cut short by the violence in front of you.

Sirius stood and grabbed Severus by the shoulders, roughly shoving him into the wall. He glared at him as you spoke, "Uncle, enough! Don't touch him!" You body flared up in scarlet, as your uncle muttered veiled threats.

"I've warned you, Snivellus. Dumbledore may think you've reformed, but I know better..."

With a glance at you, Severus deflated a bit and simply pushed him out of the way.

"Touch me one more time, Black, and you won't touch anything again. At least your niece has some sense... doesn't seem to run in the family."