96: The First 'Betrayal'

"Right, let's go." Moody nodded to the rest of the group. Your sister and you had already flown up, waiting for the others.

"On your broom, Harry." Remus was quick to encourage him.

"Close up! Close up around Harry. Make it snappy!" Moody snapped as the advanced guard surrounded Harry. "We'll be flying in close−quarters formation. Tonks, the white bird, will be light in front of you, keep close to her at all times. Don't stop, and whatever you do, don't break formation. If any of us are killed, the rest of you, keep flying. If that were to happen, the survivors, fly to the east. The real guard is standing by. They will find you."

"Stop being so cheerful, Mad−eye." Your sister tweeted.

"We must be ready. This would be the perfect moment for Voldemort to strike Harry."

Harry seemed rightfully nervous. "Uh, is that very likely?"

"No one's going to die." Kingsley assured the boy as blue sparks blasted into the sky.

"There's the second signal!" Remus exclaimed.

You thought to yourself that sparks seemed a pretty dead giveaway if anyone was watching; but who were you to judge? You were about to pull off something unimaginable.

"Mount your brooms, everyone. Here we go!" Moody yelled. Seconds later, there is an explosion of green sparks in the sky. "The third signal, everyone. Let's go!" Everyone kicked off from the ground and flew up into the air. "Stay in formation!" You weren't even as high as the clouds yet. Much too low. "We need more height!" Within seconds, another warning was shouted out. You could feel the air grow cold as a dementor soared towards your group, tattered robes snapping in the wind. "Contacts to the south!"

"Mad−eye! You, light Tonks, and Lupin take Harry! We'll slow them down!" Kingsley shouted out. The rest of the advanced guard peeled away from the group. You took the opportunity to fly off to your own check point. It had been successful enough; your information had proven your 'disloyalty'. You could still hear Remus and Moody yelling as you fluttered away.

Eventually, you touched down at a newly familiar place; Spinner's End. You and Severus had moved into his childhood home, which had been long abandoned until now. After cleaning up a bit and tossing out the broken furniture, it felt okay. It felt like a place you could call a home for now. But Severus never did like it there. He wished you and him had gotten to pick where you would call home.

As you touched down in front of your home, you transformed back into yourself and burst in through the door.

"Auntie, you see!?" You called out as you walked into a room filled with dark people. Fenrir Greyback, Crabbe Senior, Goyle Senior, Lucius Malfoy, Narcissa Malfoy, Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape. "Just as I said."

Your aunt was pleasantly surprised and walked over to straighten your hair and give you a hug. Now that your engagement to Severus was public, she very much wanted to align with you—the closer to Voldemort the safer her own family was. "Very good, lovely, very good! Now, let's discuss this next school year..."