Chapter 1

"Wake up, pumpkin." A soft voice whispered.

Athena buried her head further into her soft pillows, hugging the warm blankets closer to her. She ignored the person who's gently shaking her awake because she's still sleepy and morning is something that she greatly dislike.

"Athena, darling, it's time to wake up."

Athena grumbled softly.

"B-But Charlie..." She whined, slowly opening her eyes and looking straight at her guardian.

Charles chuckled. "Sorry to wake you up, pumpkin, but you know that I don't want Owen and Xavier biting my head off here."

Athena slowly pulled herself up in a sitting position, staring at him.

Charles immediately looked away, knowing that Athena would pull out her adorable puppy dog eyes and everyone in the house know that they can't say no once she does that.

She's devious that way.

"Nope, Nu-uh. No way. You're not pulling that trick on me. You're coming whether you like it or not."

Athena crossed her arms. "'Tis is unfair."

"Life's unfair, pumpkin pie." Charles hummed happily.

"Still..." Athena whined. "Charlie!"

"I'm sorry, Athena. Gotta follow the rules and you know that."

The little girl pouted. "Fine but only 'cause I 'on't wanna have Owen and Xavi mad... "

"That's my good girl."

Charles carried her softly in his arms, careful not to make her uncomfortable. Charles tried not to laugh at her sour expression along with her crazy but cute bed hair but he couldn't help but chuckle.

It made made the girl look more sour than before.

Going outside of her room, Charles made his way down stairs where everyone is waiting for the young lady of the house.

Zenriel was the first one to greet the little lady with a good morning kiss on the cheek.

"Aren't you adorable, yes you are, you're so adorbs." Zen cooed while Athena gave him a glare which could kill a person.

With cuteness.

"Are you trying to kill me?" Zen asked, ruffling Athena's hair making her grumble about making her hair even messier than before.

"Hey, Owen's gonna be mad if you get m'lady's hair all tangled up." Charles scolded with a glare of his own.

"Zen-Zen! Stop it!" Athena managed swat his hand away while Zen smirked proudly at his action.

"Nah, let that guy get mad."

"You really got some nerves." Charles sighed.

"Zen is stupid." Athena deadpanned.

Zen laughed wickedly. "That damn bastard always look out for Athena like she's fragile. Let her have some fun."

"Language, Zen." Charles sighed.

Athena then cheered. "Zen-Zen is right!"

"See? Thia says that I'm right!" Zen smirked smugly while Charles glared playfully at her.

"You traitor."

Athena shrugged. "I changed my mind."

"Oh! There you three are!" Owen sighed, waltzing towards them with a dissapointed look.

Athena's expression changed into a more innocent one. She smiled at Owen and waved at him making the two boys jealous.

Favoritism at its finest?

"Hello, sweetheart." Owen took Athena away from the hands of Charles and kissed her forehead lovingly. "How's sleep?"

"Good." Athena answered cheerfully.

Athena laid her head down on his shoulder and let out a yawn.

"That's so unfair." Zen grumbled. "I wanna hold Thia!"

"As if we'll let you hold her." Charles smirked and placed his arm on Zen shoulders.

Zen grumbled and elbowed Charles' side making him huff out a breath in pain and let Zen go.

A triumph Zenriel is a damn bratty kid.

The latter only smirked victoriously.

"See? He always make it look like Athena's fragile." The brat huffed.

Owen gave Zen a withering glare, making him cower in fear. "That's because she is."

"Am not!" Athena defended herself with a serious face. "I'm a big girl, Owen! Big girl!"

Charles snorted. "Then you'll be okay if we don't tuck you to bed every night? Or you're okay with cooking your own food? Or that there will be no one to play with you, are you okay with that?"

Athena went silent for a moment, her expression looked like she's having a hard time choosing a decision. But then, she suddenly frowned.

The three looked at her expectantly.

After a while, the little girl shook her head. "You're being unfair, Charlie, I can't do that yet..."

Her answer was adorable and at the same time it's hilarious.

Owen only shook his head as he hugged the little girl protectively in his arms.

"Owen?" Athena called in a whisper.

The said person hummed in reply.

"Where's Xavi?" She asks.

Owen slowly walked away from the two and entered the kitchen where Xavier himself was cooking.

Athena looked at him and back at Owen with a smile on her face. The latter only chuckled and placed her down to the floor.

Athena immediately ran towards Xavier and hugged his leg with a giggle. "G'moring, Xavi!"

Xavier look down at the little tike and ruffled her already messy hair. "Good morning, Athena."

Athena tilted her head to the side curiously. "Watcha cooking?"

Xavier smiled at her curiosity and look back at what he's cooking. "Breakfast."

"Y'know... " Athena mused and then beamed happily at the eldest. "You cook the best breakfast ever, Xavi!"

"Flattery won't get you nowhere, young lady."

"Silly Xavier, flattery gets me somewhere." Athena giggled.

Xavier raised a brow in amusement. "And where is that 'somewhere'?"

"Flattery gets me to your heart." Athena answered cheerfully. "That's somewhere right?"

Xavier laughed at how smooth she replied. "Alright, m'lady. You're right."

Athena hummed in reply but then asks again. "Can I play with Charlie and Zenri before breakfast?"

Owen let out a smile of his own. "Of course, but let me brush your hair before you play, okay?"

Athena nodded enthusiastically. "M'kay!"

Charles and Zanriel entered the kitchen with a brush and a tie for their little lady.

Athena took it with a small smile, revealing her cute small teeth. "Thank you."

Zen grinned and ruffled her hair again, making Athena whine. "You're welcome."

And that's how Athena starts her day. It starts with them and that's why her morning is always good.

______________________________________

How is it?

I apologize for any mistakes and errors!

I hope you guys enjoyed it! Leave a vote and tell me what you guys think!