Chapter 6

"Xavi, I wanna play outside!" Athena happily said, tugging the end of his t-shirt.

Xavier was left alone with Athena since the rest were busy.

Owen left to do some tasks, Zen needed to go to his school to pay up his tuition and Charles needed to go to his university.

Xavier looked down at her and he smiled.

"Did you finish your breakfast?" He asked and she nodded energetically.

"Brush your teeth and took a bath?"

Athena whined. "I finished it all! See?"

She showed him her teeth, indicating that it's already brushed then she showed him her braided hair.

"Owen braided it for me, see? Now can we go, please?"

Xavier crossed his arms. "Are you getting bossy on me, young lady?"

Athena smiled innocently at him. "It's the excitement talking and I wasn't bossy! I said please!"

Xavier chuckled and carried Athena up in the air, spinning her around causing the little girl to squeal in delight.

"Then where do you want to go play first?"

Athena air fist bumped and cheered. "Outside!"

Xavier laughed at her action and they went to the backyard where her mini playground was at.

Xavier settled Athena down and she ran towards her playground.

"Better stay away from the pool,  sweetheart!"

"No promises!"

Xavier groaned. He swear that this girl will be the death of his. Athena's too energetic and too stubborn to listen to him and Xavier definitely blames that all on Zenriel.

Athena only giggled at his reaction.

She played for an hour while Xavier watched her close-by while he do paper works that's related to work and such.

From time to time, Athena would go to him and would just look at what he's working on, sometimes she would try to help but in the end, they would just chat about random stuff.

Athena's a growing girl, she often ask questions about some things that she still doesn't know about and Xavier would patiently answer it.

"Xavi, I'm thirsty... " Athena said after she slid down her slide.

"Oh that's not good, is it?"

Athena shook her head with a frown. "I'll get dehy...dehay...derhy..."

"Dehydrated?" Xavier supplied and Athena nodded.

"Yeah that!" Athena exclaimed. "I'll get dehydrated if I don't drink water! I don't wanna die!"

Xavier patted her head. "You won't die."

Athena grinned. "I know 'cuz you're here and you're my first big brother!"

The way she looked at Xavier. It's full of trust and love and it's bursting out of her. The way she answered him was full of honesty and it was genuine. There were no lies in her tone and that was enough to let Xavier's heart burst with pride.