Chapter 7

"Athena I want you to finish your breakfast, dear." Owen ordered softly as he braided the little girl's soft hair.

Athena whined quietly. "But I hate carrots... "

"But what does a veggie do to a person?"

Athena hummed in thought before giving him the correct answer.

"It kills people?"

Owen's shoulder shook as he tried not to laugh at her answer. He cleared his throat, trying to sound as serious as possible. "Athena, give me a proper answer, young lady."

Athena picked up a piece of carrot stick and glared at it like its the one who has murdered someone so important to her. "It's beneficial to our health."

Owen tied her hair, happy that it turned out the way he wanted. He always enjoy playing with the little girl's hair, doing all kinds of braids and ponytails. Athena often compliment him about it and would mostly complain if others do her hair.

Owen patted Athena's shoulders with a chuckle.

"Good, now finish your breakfast so that you can go play with Mr. Georgie."

Athena took a bite of her carrot stick with a crunch and she immediately cringed.

"Gross...!"

"Sweets, I already gave you a vegetable that doesn't taste all that bad."

"But it does taste bad!" Athena complained, pushing her plate away.

"You usually don't complain with anything that you eat." Owen hummed in thought. "Are you perhaps getting picky?"

Athena glared at him. "Am not..."

"Well, you would have to prove it."

She pulled her plate back and picked up a carrot stick and she silently ate it. Actually, Athena hates being called a picky eater. She's not. She just really can't handle the taste of the food sometimes. That doesn't mean that she's a picky eater. It's a low blow but hey, if it works then why not?

After she was done with it, Athena turned to glare at him.

Owen laughed softly as he patted her head.

"I'm sorry, sweety, I just had to do it."

"No carrots next time!" Athena said, crossing her arms over he chest, making her look more adorable than before. "I hate it!"

"You hate it with all of your heart?"

Athena bobbed her head, indicating that it's a yes.

"But you did good." Owen complimented.

"Does that mean that I could go play now?" Athena chirped at the thought of finally leaving the table.

Owen clicked his tongue. "After you wash you hands."

Athena groaned. "Do I have to? It's clean!"

Owen crossed his arms. "Wash your hands, Athena."

Athena grumbled and she slipped out of her chair. She went to get her step stool since she can't reach the sink yet.

"Oh and Xavier told me that he told you not to go near the pool and you still went near." Owen sighed, shaking his head. He knows that Athena can be a bit troublesome sometimes but she's also getting stubborn as well.

Busted. Athena thought sourly.

"I didn't swim in it." Athena defended herself and he could practically hear the frown in her tone as she wash her hands.

"What if you got hurt or worse?" Owen asked her with a stern tone. "I'll be terrified."

Athena went silent for a moment as she closed the faucet.

Owen waited for her answer, for her reaction. Out of all of them, Athena knew that Owen was the mother hen, the stricter one than the eldest, the one who'll mostly scold her when she committed something bad or wrong.

But that's because he care. That's because he wants her to know what's right and what's wrong and Athena knows that and she immediately felt guilty.

Athena then walked down her step stool and she faced Owen.

"I know..."

Owen sighed in relief. At least she's not mad.

"I'm sorry for being paranoid and annoying, Thena, but if it's you, I just can't help it." Owen confessed with a sigh.

Athena's heart sunk as she look at Owen's face. He looks sad. She hates it when one of her brothers are sad.

When they're sad, Athena's sad as well.

The little girl slowly walked towards him and hugged him.

"Don't be sad, Wenny..."  She said softly. "I'm sorry..."

Owen stared at her. He can't really stay mad at Athena, especially when she says sorry so earnestly with a face that drowns you deep into the soft, warm feeling of love and adorableness.

'She got me wrapped all around her little fingers' Owen defeatedly thought.

The young man just let that thought be and carried Athena into his arms, kissing her forehead lovingly.

"You know that you'll kill me someday."

Athena gave him an offended look. "Owen! I would never ever ever!"

Owen rolled his eyes

The little girl smiled because she knew that Owen had already forgiven her the moment he carried her.

A win-win, right?

"And you're not being paranoid." Athena cheekily said. "You're just being very mom-like!"

Owen froze. He made a note to kill Zen later for teaching Athena how to answer back with a nonsense kind of answer.

Athena hummed happily at Owen and he just pouted.

"I'll just take that as a compliment..."

"Shh!" Athena shushed. "'M not finished yet!"

The young man looked at her with curiosity.

Owen is not just being like a mommy..." Athena added with a grin. Suddenly, she hugged Owen around the neck causing him to make a choking sound.

"Owen's just doing his job as a big brother!"

Owen laughed at her answer. "Flattery won't get you nowhere."

Wrong move.

Athena giggled. "Flattery gets me straight to your heart, Owen! Always!"

Damn it!

Sassy, adorable, lovable, smart, stubborn, a trouble maker. That's Athena for Owen but he guess that he'll just have to live with it. Besides, he'll be beside Athena every step of her life.

"I know, I know." Owen grumbled.

He hopes that Athena doesn't get to be too troublesome in the future.

______________________________________

So here's Owen's!

He's being a mom here. As you can see, he's stricter than the others but he care, that's why.

I apologize for any mistake! I hope that you guys enjoyed it!

Let me know what you guys think about it and leave a vote! ♥♥