Chapter 31

Charles was easy to find.

He was already out when Athena and the rest have found him. The man have been more confused than surprised when he found them because Owen, Xavier and Zen looked like they've just been through hell and back and it only made him chuckle.

"Sorry, you guys just look like you've aged a lot."

"I feel old." Owen grumbled.

"Oh please no." Zen sighed. "Don't put me in the same category as them, Char..."

"I'll sew your mouth." Xavier threatened but Zen, being the brat, only mocked him quietly.

Athena was the only one who looks happy and unaffected by their bad moods. "Hi Charlie!"

Charles picked up Athena and kissed her temple. "Hi baby, how's your day?"

Athena kissed his cheek. "Fine!"

"She was badass... " Zen said with a grin making Athena grin as well.

"Zen!" Owen shrieked, looking at him in panic. "Language!"

"I'm badass!" Athena repeated making everyone but Zen groan.

"Munchkin, we don't say that word." Charles said softly making Athena look at him with a pout.

"Is it bad?" She mumbled.

Xavier glared at Zen before looking Athena. "Yes, m'lady. It already got bad on the word."

Athena nodded, mocking a closing zipper on her mouth. "My lips are sealed then."

"Promise?" Owen knew that he shouldn't say that. They all should've learned by now that Athena never keeps a promise she knew she can't keep.

"Let's go see mama and papa?" She asked in a sweet innocent tone.

Owen narrowed his eyes. "Did you just change the subject on me?"

Athena blinked at him before shrugging. "Did I?"

"You did!"

"I most certainly did not." Athena smiled cheekily.

Owen huffed. "Athena."

"Owen." She said, using the same tone as Owen.

"You have to promise us." Owen said, crossing his arms. "Or I'll ground you."

"I'm already grounded." Athena huffed. "What's more left to ground me for?"

Owen rolled his eyes. "Oh you cheeky little brat. I think that you're growing more like Zen."

"It's not that bad." Zen shrugged.

Athena giggled. "And yet, you guys still super love me."

"Okay, as much as I'm amused to see the big scary old mother hen fighting with our youngest here, we need to chop chop people!" Charles said, snapping the two of them from arguing.

Owen glared at him. "Did you just call me old?"

"Moving on!" Charles announced making Owen's aura dangerous.

"You also changed the subject on me, didn't you?"

________________

When they arrived at her father's company, most workers there already knew her. They all waved and greeted her and it made the four bodyguards feel at rest.

"Hi, Amy!"

"My lady!" Amy, the receptionist said, smiling widely down at Athena. "How is our little queen?"