Chapter 41

SIX YEARS LATER.

A lady with long wavy brown hair and ocean blue eyes smiled softly as she walked out of a building with such grace.
Every camera was on her. The whole world was watching her and yet she kept a smile, waving her hand as she walked towards a familiar black car.

Charles opened the door for her, a grin was painted on his lips as he winked secretly at the lady.

She smirked and hopped inside, the warmth of familiar faces smiled softly at her making the lady grin.

Charles soon followed inside. The car then began to move and soon, they left the chaotic place.

"Well, how's boarding school?" Zen casually leaned back. "I bet it's boring."

"Zen!" Athena huffed. "It's wasn't boring."

"Huh. Then you're boring."

"You're just lonely."

"Ha!" He smirked. "Unfortunately for you, I've got all the ladies."

"Last time I checked, you got into a fight with Charlie because you stole his girlfriend." Athena smirked. "You're stealing somebody else's girl, Zen."

He glared playfully at her. "I'm not!"

"Besides..." She continues. "You're an old sack. Who in their right minds would like you?"

"You." Zen said with a shrug. "You like me."

Athena giggled adorably. "Maybe I do." She then turned around to see Xavier and Owen staring back at them with a smile plastered on their faces.

"What?" Athena feels uncomfortable with all the stares.

"I just missed you." Owen said softly. "You've grown."

Athena laughed. "I'm sixteen, guys. I'm surprised that you guys still don't have wives or something."

Xavier sighed. "We don't need tha—"

"Psh! As if they'll prioritize that." Zen then smiled softly at her. "We still need to protect you."

Athena stared at him, her blue eyes were wide with surprise. Did she hear him right? They're free, aren't they? They're not her bodyguards anymore.

Charles also stared at him with a disgusted look on his face. "Dude. Are you sick or something? What happened to you?"

"Hey!" He barked. "I'm just being honest!"

"Well, for what's it worth, what Zen said is true." Xavier said while he drove.

"But you guys aren't my guards anymore." Athena frowned, crossing her arms. "I'mma big girl now!"

That earned her a few laughs.

"You still sound like a seven year old." Zen said with a chuckle.

Athena childishly blew a raspberry at him making him laugh loudly again.

"We're not your bodyguards anymore." Xavier continued. "We're your brothers and as your brother, I still have the rights to protect you."

"Same goes for me." Charles shrugged.

"And me as well." Owen said.

Athena was happy that they'll still be in her life. They've been through a lot and she was scared that they'll just exit her life and live their lives on their own. She's glad.

"Well, that's true." Athena smiled. "So where we going?"

"To see your fiance." Xavier exclaimed hesitantly. "He couldn't wait to see you."

Zen faked gagged. "Gross. They're too young to be a you know."

"I know." Charles grumbled. "But it's for the boy's company. Besides, the two have known each other since diapers."

"Still!" Zen whined. "I'm not letting her get married to a bastard!"

Athena raised a brow. "I'm still here and I can hear you loud and clear. Theodore's a great man, Zen. Just accept it."

Owen shrugged. "I agree with her. They've been together for so long. Why do you still keep a grudge?"

"I agree with Zen though." Xavier said. "Aren't you too young to be having a fiance? What if Theodore's not really who you truly love?"

"I'm Athena Eleanore Hale, Xav." She said proudly. "And you know that if I don't like something or someone then I won't put up an act just to please them."

Well, she has a point.

"Are you sure that you'll be okay with him?" Owen asked worriedly.

Athena huffed. "I'll be fine."

"We can still turn this car around and head home." Charles said, suggesting his point.

Athena sighed. "We're going to see him. Period."

Everyone sighed at that.

Well, time to see him.

_______________

Before you panic, just hear me out XD

it's still not over. I still got a couple of chapters before ending this so relax

What do you guys think of having some romance kind of book for Athena? Meh or yeah?

Anyways, tell me what you guys think about this chapter!

Love you and I'll see you guys next time!