Chapter 17

"Xavier..." Athena's calm and soft voice reached the eldest's ears. Despite his erratic beating heart, he tries to look calm and collected.

Whenever Athena calls him Xavier, it's never a good thing. It's usually when she's very upset or there's something terribly erroneous.

"What's wrong?" Well you couldn't really blame him for worrying. Aside from being her brother, he's still one of her personal bodyguards and it's his job to protect her.

No matter what storm gets in their lives.

Athena smiled. A smile that was way too distant. One that she wore when they first met her. Oh no, something must be really wrong.

Mr. slash Commander Georgie, was loosely hanging in her hand as she stared at him for a few seconds before looking at her feet.

"Athena." Xavier urged. "You're scaring me, darling. What's wrong?"

"It's papa... " Athena mumbled, her feet was fidgeting. She then looked up at him again and her bottom was quivering, her eyes were glassy. Xavier's heart shattered at the sight. He hates it when she cries. Definitely not a fan of it. And that's because he gets to see Athena's deep sad eyes that's always filled with joy and happiness.

Athena also rarely cries. She has this brave facade that she really usually wears but sometimes that facade breaks and it shows a seven year old girl who still have a bright future ahead of her.

Just as he was about to run towards her and just give the girl some love and comfort, Owen just barged into their scene, panting.

Owen was about to open his mouth but his eyes landed on Athena's state and his eyes went sad and sympathetic. With the speed of light, he ran towards Athena and just gave her a hug.

The little girl whimpered and immediately hug Owen.

Xavier was confused and that's not good. Confused means that he'll be panicking. And panicking means chaos and they don't need that.

Surprisingly, Owen was staring at him with a serious expression and Xavier pushed back his panic and returned Owen's serious look.

"What's going on, Owen?" Xavier asks, his tone was commanding, stern but it's calm and soft.

"It's Athena's father."

Xavier's jaw clenched. "What happened?"

Owen carried Athena in his arms as the girl buried her head on Owen's shoulder, probably trying to hide her tears.

"Rumors are going crazy about her father having an affair with Athena's aunt." Owen explained and he immediately walks away from him. Xavier followed him.

Rumors aren't great. Rumors spread chaos like wildfire. It's not okay because it usually affects Athena.

That rumor can be believably though. Xavier picked up an information that the little girl's aunt had a colorful reputation back then. Some said that she was after Athena's father because of his wealth and fortune. But Xavier believes that the past is just in the past now and he has no right to jump into conclusions and make the choice that the rumor is true.

"Have you-"

"Yes I have." Owen cut him off. "The two's already waiting in the car."

"Okay." He said calmly. Trying to keep his thoughts straight.

He hopes that this turns out well.

~oOo~

Athena sometimes hate remembering who she really is when she goes outside of her home.

It's something that she really dislikes.

Because outside of her home, she's not a little girl. She's not seven. She's not a child in people's eyes. No, they see her as the daughter of a famous model and actress, a daughter of a man who holds a lot of fortune and fame.

That's her.

That's Athena Eleanore Hale.

As the car stopped at the familiar large building, people immediately swarmed the car like sharks and flashes of the cameras immediately blinded Athena's eyes causing her to look away.

She could hear people asking questions and talking but she couldn't make out the words. She just looked at the back of the seat in front of her and let out a sigh.

She knows that the rest was looking at her worriedly. Athena doesn't want to worry her brothers, she already cried like a baby she can't let them see her weakness!

She smiled instead. Although, it was tight and forced. "I'm fine. Just needs to see papa and auntie."

Owen, who was next to her, reached out for her hand and squeezed it comfortingly.

He gave her a small smile.

"I know." His tone held truthfulness. It held a genuine tone and Athena was grateful. "And we'll be here for you, alright?"

Athena nodded.

"I'm sure it's nothing." Charles said without any doubt in his tone. "Besides, your dad's scared of your mom."

Athena gave him a giggle and hum in agreement. "I know."

It's still worrying though. Athena's not worried about the affair, her father's very loyal to her mother. It's the rumors and her aunt that she's worried about.

"Hey, how 'bout we get ice cream after this, yeah?" Zen asked cheerfully. "I'm craving for something sweet."

Athena giggled, feeling a little bit better at how normal their conversation is.

"Me too!" She said and the rest laughed.

"Okay, after this then we'll go grab some ice cream." Xavier said in defeat.

"I'm ready when you are, Thea." Zen grinned. "I'm gonna punch these idiots!"

"Zen!" Owen scolded him. "Don't call these people idiots. They're just doing their jobs."

Charles scoffed. "Still. They're surrounding the car like some hungry sharks."

'That's what I thought!' The little girl thought and she snorted secretly.

"I'm ready." Athena announced or it's like she's assuring them that she's ready to come out.

"You sure?" Xavier asked.

Athena nodded. "Yup!"

Besides, she can't ignore who she is forever. She'll have to live in the spotlight sooner or later anyways.

Accepting that fact will be better for her.

The more she tries to deny the fact that she can't ignore who she is when she steps outside of the house, the more she'll be having troubles in the future.

______________________________________

No matter what, she's still the daughter from a wealthy, well-known family. She's got so many responsibilities too.

Well! That's a wrap, folks!

I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Let me know what you guys think.

Leave a vote, Luvs!