Chapter 37

"Hi Zen-Zen... " Athena whispered, not really knowing what to say. They've been gone for a week and a half and Athena was usually really used to the feeling of having her brothers together, creating chaos and also peace.

She didn't even notice the tear slipping from the corner her eyes.

Out of all of them, her aunt explained to the little girl that Charles and Zen was the one who's still critical. She said that they've inhaled a lot of smoke and she said that something is failing in their bodies that could still be dangerous.

So the helpful doctors are still observing them.

Aunt Jane said not to worry but she couldn't stop the tears when she saw the tubes all wired up in her family, the color of their skin and how they still looked very tired.

Athena visited all of them except for Zen. She figured that she'll want to visit Zen last.

Athena sniffled and forced a smile as she looked at her unconscious bodyguard. "Aunt Jane said that you guys are alive. She said its a miracle. It's funny 'cause you said that Aunt Jane's super scary but she's nice so that means that you're lying, Zenny. Lying is bad."

A bitter chuckle came out of her.

He threw her at the only exit, his eyes were wide and frightened. He was shaking and coughing as his weak limbs threw her out of harm.

The fire raged and roared in anger. Showing its bright and fiery color to the little girl.

Athena's eyes were watching as it only grew worse.

Hundreds of sounds went silent in Athena's ears. The only thing she was hearing was Charlie's shouts of horror as he cried and forced Zen out of the away from the collapsing exit.

He suddenly shouted one last thing before all went out.

'I'll see you later!'

Athena pouted, her bottom lip trembled as the nightmare arose. "I got to see you and the others now, Zenny. M' sorry if-if I was late. M' sorry for making you guys w-wait... "

Her words were trembling as her grip on his hand tightened.

"Don't worry, mama and the others are doing fine, you don't need to worry. I-I'll watch over them. T-They're very sleepy...just like you a-and Charlie but you two will still wake up, right?" Athena said, her sight were glassy and blurry due to the tears that was threatening to fall.

The little girl's words were shaken and was filled with nothing but pure fear as she looked at Zen.

It was her fault that they were here in the first place. It was her fault that they were a bunch of self sacrificing idiots.

"Y-You and Charlie will wake up like the others, right?" She began to shake him gently as Athena began to sob. "You'll promise me, r-right, Zenny? You said that you're a super hero but why aren't you still waking up?"

'They're alive.'

Her aunt's voice echoed in her head causing fear to drop in her stomach.

Athena caressed Zen's hand as she smiled innocently at him. Then slowly, she leaned down and carefully placed a soft kiss on his hand.

"M' sorry, Zenriel... " Athena whispered, putting her forehead on the edge of his bed as tears began to pour out of her eyes.

Nightmares and countless of worrying made her so tired and stressed but before, she didn't even feel the tiresome week. All she could think of was her family.

But when Athena thinks of them, her tears would start to fall and it was as if a bucket of cold ice was poured on her because her tears was just a painful reminder that no one will comfort her in a way that her parents and brothers would do if she's upset.

"I know it's your job to save me, Zenny..." She whispered harshly, sobbing in pain as all of those days came crashing down on the little girl with full force.

It was so painful and she was so tired.

"B-But please don't do it a-again. Please don't let t-the others do it again because I can't."

The last line made her wail now. It made her wail and sob.

And it was pathetically excruciating.

But Athena wasn't embarrassed if she was crying like a baby right now because her family's hurt because of her.

They were literally gone, with no news whatsoever, for almost two weeks.

"S' m' fault." Athena cried, her words were beginning to become muddled as she said her sorrows. "M' sorry, Zenny! S' m' fault that y-you and the others are here... "

She was sorry that she couldn't be a better daughter to her parents.

She was sorry that she couldn't be a better sister to her brothers.

If she have done something instead of being carried away like a damsel in distress then they wouldn't be in so much pain right now.

Suddenly a pair of hands were placed on the little girl's shoulders.

Athena looked up at the person and she saw her aunt. Athena saw the puffed cheeks and red eyes, knowing that she also cried.

There won't be any smiles for both of them. Athena leaned against her aunt's hold, hugging Jane as if her dear life depended on it.

Aunt Jane was silent as Athena poured out her feelings. She was tired and she couldn't stop the fear from making her scared. She's still a kid.

A kid who's got a lot questions that was still left unanswered. A kid who's still believing that there's hope. A kid who's got matured mind that was enough to burden her because she knows that they're not really fine or okay.

They're still in danger.

"Let's go, sweetheart." Jane whispered softly, still caressing her head as Athena sniffled.

She nodded numbly and stood up,  leaning towards Zento give him a sweet kiss on the cheek like she did with everybody else.

"Sweet dreams, Zenny..."

_______________

Was it sad? Did you guys cry?

I do hope that you guys have enjoyed this chapter. I'm also hoping that it's not puddled. I'm partly sleepy but still too damn stubborn to go to bed so sorry if some doesn't make any... Sense.

Have you resisted that urge? The urge to to sleep because you still want to be up and awake?  ̄へ ̄

Anyways, tell me what you guys think!

Love you guys! (。’▽’。)♡