Chapter 12

Part 2 of chapter 11! Hooray!

I hope you guys enjoy it!

Drop a vote, luvs. ♥♥

Athena would never admit fear.

For her, fear is a sign of weakness. It is something that she learned from others when she was still just a child. People takes advantage of that emotion.

And that's what scares her.

She's only seven and her only weapon is her words and her smart brain.

Everything that comes after that is nothing.

She's defenseless.

Athena shook her head and lets out a sigh. This won't do. If she lets fear take over then it's totally game over.

"You really are a softy when it comes to people like them." Janice sighed, giving Athena a sympathetic look.

The little girl scoffed and shook her head.

Instead, Athena looked around the room. The room was like a conference room. Cake and orange juice was on the table and everyone was looking at her like she's some alien.

"Is that bad?" Athena kept her tone stern.

Janice shrugged. "It depends on who who sees it."

Athena didn't answer back. She practically could hear her brothers telling her that this was not her battle to fight.

It's not worth fighting for it anyways.

"Let her sit." William scolded before turning to look at Athena with a charming smile of his.

William Oliver Taylor is a ten year old boy who's more decent than the rest of them. He's fine but he's somehow the kind of boy who girls like.

Well, she bet that it's called a 'ladies' man.'

'Blunt.' She heard her mother's voice reprimanding her. 'But not rude.'

Athena smiled warmly at him. "Thank you."

Athena took a sit next to him since she doesn't want to sit next to Jacob, who was only grinning at her like some maniac.

"Well, you shouldn't go bothering people so low and annoying, right?"

"Janice." Athena warned her. "Please."

They both had a stare off. She could practically hear the giggles of Mayka and Jacob as they both enjoy the scene.

Eventually, Janice looked away first and Athena didn't miss the glare that was sent to her before it turned into mirth again.

They ate their cake and Athena ate silently while they chatted about random stuff.

She was never really a kind of person who talks to children like them. Kids who talk lowly about other people were already one of the dislikes that Athena have.

All that she could think of now was home and her brothers.

She won't let them insult her brothers or her parents. Even if she's a little scared, she won't admit that and she won't show it. She'll fight for the people she love.

That's her promise.

"So how are you?"

Athena was suddenly cut out from her thoughts and she looked at William who was smirking at her.