Chapter 20

Athena and Zen was kneeling on the floor, looking at it as the mother hen of the group paced back and forth.

Xavier and Charles was also there but the two troublemakers couldn't risk looking up and meet their dissapointed expressions.

"What do you guys have to say for yourselves?" Xavier asked, his voice already coated with anger and disappointment.

Athena didn't say anything because she was too scared to even speak. Zen cleared his throat and awkwardly laughed.

"W-Well, you see... " He stuttered nervously, his beating heart was making his head hurt. "Me and Thea here just wanted to... Go to McDonald's ... "

"Go there at four in the morning?" Owen practically screeched as his nervous pacing have come to a halt. "You two could've been kidnapped or something!"

Athena pouted, feeling a bit crossed as well. "But we couldn't sleep."

"That's no excuse." Charles said calmly. Out of the three of them, Charles was taking the situation in a calm matter. "You could've been hurt or worse."

"But we didn't." Zen defended and he immediately felt someone glaring at him so he closed his mouth.

"They were open tenty-four seven!" Athena sulkily whined, looking at them with a pout. "I wanted ice cream."

"Athena." Xavier scolded, his tone cold and stern. "You should've waited or called for the others to accompany you."

"But Zenny was there!" Athena defended and glared at them.

"Yeah! I was there!" Zen said, feeling a bit hurt at the lack of faith. "I was there so why should Thea need to wake you three up?"

"You were there, yes." Owen snapped, giving him a heated glare. His fist was clenched and his tone held no room for arguments. "You were there and you were supposed to stop her from going, not tag along, Zen. What were you thinking?"

Zen gulped and looked down again, feeling defeated and knowing better than to argue.

Owen took deep breaths to calm himself down and Xavier took over.

"What do you have to say for yourself, Athena?" Xavier asks and Athena clenched her jaw and stubbornly refused to speak to him.

"Athena Eleanore Hale!" Owen said, crossing his arms. "Xavier asked you a question."

Athena, feeling defeated and scared, just gave them a sigh.

"M' sorry... " She grumbled.

"What was that, young lady?" Xavier asked and Athena whimpered immediately.

"I said I was sorry, Xavi... "

"Zenriel?" Owen turned to look at the teen and if the situation wasn't serious and heavy, Charles would've laughed hard at the look Zen was giving them.

His eyes was glassy and he was trying to look tough but he looks like a pouting baby instead.

"W-We won't do it again..." He mumbled.

"What was that?" Charles asked, cupping his ear and leaning forward towards him. "I didn't quite hear you."

"Dammit!" He cried out. "I said I won't do it again, you bastard!"

Athena looked at him in pure horror and Zen immediately noticed his mistake.

Athena sighed. "Zenny's stupid... "

"Language, young man." Xavier said, giving him a deadly tone that could immediately send anyone to the gave. "Or you're going to regret saying that."

Owen ignored Xavier and Zen. He just focused on Athena. His heart softened when he saw the tears filling up her eyes.

"Don't do it again." He said, feeling soft and defeated instead of mad and upset.

"You'll make us worry again, Athena." Charles added, feeling his own heart melt in sadness as she look at them with tears that was threatening to fall. Her cheeks was puffed, round and rosy and she was pouting, showing her bottom lip to them.

"I won't do it again... " Athena swore.

"Promise?" Charles asked and Athena nodded.

"Promise... "

Owen kneeled down and kissed her forehead. "Promise me to never break the promise that you just promised us."

Athena huffed, keeping her tears away and glared at him.

"Don't wanna... "

Owen sighed and look at Zen who was just talking at Xavier, looking upset like Athena.

"Zen." Charles called out and the said man glared at him.

"What?"

"Promise us that you will never let Athena go out like what you guys did." Charles said and Zen crossed his arms.

"I won't promise you anything."

"Sheesh... " Charles grumbled. "You two are stubborn as a rock."

"Guess we'll just have to keep the two of you out of trouble then." Xavier sighed, thinking of the added stress of keeping a close eye on both of them.

"Sounds good to me." Athena said, feeling a bit of triumph.

"You're grounded young lady." Owen added and sighed.

Athena gasped and pouted, feeling deflated with defeat.

"Zen as well." Xavier said and Zen cried in disappointment. 

"Why me!" He cries out.  "I only accompanied Athena! It was her faut!"

Athena gasped at his betrayal. "You agreed to come! It was your fault!"

"You forced me to come!" Zen cried.

"Did not!"

"Liar!"

"Am not!"

"Liar liar pants on fire!"

"You agreed to come! You're the one lying!"

"How did you know?"

"I just do!"

"Ha! Not so smart now, huh?"

"Wenny!" Athena cried out, glaring at Zen. "Zenny's being bad!"

"Oh honestly!" Zen shouted and glared at her. "Am not!"

"Two weeks grounded!" Charles sighed, knowing that Owen and Xavier are thinking the same thing.

The two cried and begged for mercy but when the three are mad, no one can change their minds.

Plus, they gave them a heart attack when they were missing.

______________________________________

Double update guys!!!

Yeheeey!  I wrote a short but sweet one here.

The two troublemakers sure couldn't handle the wrath of the three.

Anyways! Leave a vote!