Chapter 3

"Sweetheart?" Xavier called out, knocking on her door before entering.

Athena looked up from her toys and she immediately beamed happily when she saw him.

"Hi, Xavi!" She greeted cheerfully. "I was having a tea party with Mr. Georgie and his friends, wanna join?"

Xavier smiled warmly at her. "No thanks, sweetie. Oh, and sorry to bother your tea party."

Athena shook her head. "No, it's okay, Mr. Georgie doesn't mind."

"Well, that's kind of you, Mr. Georgie." Xavier look at the stuff owl with a smile and bowed his head a little before looking back at the girl.

"Athena, you know what time it is."

Athena pouted. "I don't wanna go to sleep."

"You've got rules and your parents set them out for you."

Athena huffed adorably. "Please Xavi? Please give me five more minutes?"

Xavier leaned against the door frame with his arms crossed as he chuckled. "Don't worry, Zen's going to be telling you a story."

Athena scrunched up her nose in distaste. "But I don't like his stories."

"Oh don't be like that." Xavier exclaimed. "You'll hurt his feelings."

Athena huffed and pouted adorably. "He hurt my feelings 'cuz Zen-Zen's 'tories are scary!"

"What?" Zenriel immediately popped in behind Xavier with a pout when he heard that his stories were frightening.

"You're no fun."

"You're no fun!" Athena giggled.

"I thought you like my stories, baby." Zen said, walking towards her.

Athena blew a raspberry at him. "Your stories are lame."

"What are you saying?" He gasped in mock hurt. "You hurt my feelings, kiddo!"

"Well, apparently, you hurt her feelings." Xavier repeated her words in amusement.

Athena bobbed her head in agreement. "True and that's 'cause your stories are lame."

"Because your stories are lame." Xavier repeated, trying to hide his delight of repeating Athena's insults.

To add more salt into the wound, someone entered the room with the same agreement.

"Xavier!" Charles suddenly entered along with Owen as well. "Don't let him do story time."

"Why not?" Zen demanded, glaring at Athena and the others.

"Well because he said so?" Athena supplied.

Zen carried her and pinched her cheek causing her to whine about it.

"Don't get sassy on me, young lady."

"But it's true, idiot." Owen chuckled. "Because he said so."

"C'mon mom, not you too." Zen said in a teasing tone.

"Because I said so." Charles triumphantly said.

Zen glared at him. "Shut up you mother fu-- fudge!"

"Fudge!" Athena cheered. "I like fudge."

"Well, unfortunately we're on her side." Xavier exclaimed causing the rest to snort.

Zenriel rolled his eyes. "Ha-ha, well unfortunately, I'm the story teller so sucks to be you guys."

Athena placed her head on his shoulder and yawned.

"Zen-Zen?"

Zen then smiled warmly at her. All of his teasing, playful tone vanished and he was now serious Zenriel.

"Yeah, baby girl?"

"My Mr. Georgie?" Athena whispered. "Can you get him for me, please?"

"I'll get it." Charles volunteered, getting Mr. Georgie for Athena.

"Here." Owen walked towards Athena's side bed table before placing the warm glass of milk.

"Thank you... " She smiled, showing them her small white teeth. "Very much... "

"How 'bout we start story time?" Charles suggested and Athena nodded.

"It better be good." Xavier piped in.

"I don't want something bloody this time, Zen." Owen scolded, glaring at him.

Last time Zenriel was the story teller, he told Athena all things bloody and gruesome and it was horror to the two eldest and hilarious for Charles.

"Yes mom, okay dad." Zen teased.

"Try not to be too corny." Charles added with a snort.

"Or scary... Please?" Athena pleaded.

Zen ignored the comments and placed Athena on her bed, tucking her in with her warm blankets. Charles placed Mr. Georgie beside her and she immediately hugged it, smiling warmly at her toy.

"You really love Mr. Georgie, huh?" Charles kissed her forehead lovingly.

Athena giggled. "I really love Mr. Georgie. And I love mama and papa. I love Xavi, Owen, Charlie and even Zen-Zen!"

That warms their heart into a puddle of love.

Zen then noticed something about what Athena said. "Hey! What do you mean 'even'?"

They just laughed at this and Athena gave him an innocent smile as he playfully glared at her.

Everyone in the room then quieted down. Owen opened her night light and Xavier closed the main bright lights.

White stars of different kinds immediately lightened up her ceiling. The sun and the moon was also there as well.

It was her night light that keeps away the monsters from under her bed.

"Once upon a time." Zen started as the rest look at their little girl, snuggling closer to her doll. "There was a little girl who was a princess, a beautiful princess who shines brighter than any star in the night sky. The princess was protected by four powerful knights in shining armour."

Athena yawned while slowly closing her eyes to sleep.

They all know that Athena will always be their shining princess who shines brighter than any stars in the sky.

And they're always going to be her knights and shining armour.

______________________________________

Chapter 3!

Here it is! I hope that you guys enjoyed it!

Leave a vote, darlings! ♥