Chapter 39

When Owen open his eyes, he immediately panicked. He doesn't know where he is or how much time has passed.

In the past few days, he was trying his best to stay awake and think decently because his mind was puddled. This was the first time he's been awake with a mind of his own. His body wasn't listening to him and have been falling  asleep again and again.

"F**k... " Was the first thing he said and he noted his hoarse voice. He needed a drink.

If Athena heard him say that nasty word then he'll never forgive himself.

Speaking of his little girl.

Owen then look around him, checking if there's anyone that could tell him what's going on. How long was he out? The last thing he could remember was passing out.

He sighed and closed his eyes, feeling a bit tired. That was all he felt. Tiredness.

Suddenly the door opened and his eyes immediately shot up. He was surprised when he saw his little baby girl.

She looked marvelous as the morning sun smiled down upon her from the window. It was a surprise to see her so early in the morning. Athena's not a morning person to begin with. In her hand was a bouquet of flowers. Each was her favorite.

Owen have always known that Athena studies the meaning of flowers. Always liking the color and the smell of it.

"Hi Wenny!" She said. It looks like she didn't seem to notice that he was awake yet.

"I was suppose to visit Charlie first but you like flowers so I thought that it would be a great idea to show you the bow...boue... Beouq...Bouquet! That was the word!" She giggled embarrassingly causing Owen to unconsciously smile at her sweet voice. It was like he haven't heard that voice since forever. "Aunt Jane paid for the flowers. She said that it was a great idea! These flowers are my favorite in the whole wild world so I thought that you'll maybe like it! Aunt Jane's outside with your doctor if you wanted to know. I just hope that you get better, Wenny... "

She whispered that last line and as if a switch has been turned on, the room immediately went gloomy. The little girl placed the flowers on the bedside table and stared at it, playing with some of the petals.

"Theo visited me." Well that's a surprise. Owen thought that he was supposed to be on a business trip.

He's sure that the boy was worried for Athena. He's always so frantic when it comes to her. It's a side that Owen always find it cute.

"He was..." She looked at the window with an expressionless look on her face. It was something so foreign. Her tone was foreign. Everything was foreign. Athena gulped and put on a small smile.

"He hoped for you guys to have the biggest health and Theo hoped for you to get better!"

Owen really missed her voice. Even if she's talking to herself right now, it's still sweet that she cares.

"That's... Great... "

Athena's head immediately snapped towards him and there were series of emotions. Shock then confusion then it was followed by a worried look on her face then tears began to pool into her beautiful ocean eyes.

"Owen... " Athena whispered as a tear fell from the corner of her eye.

"Hi sweetheart... " He said hoarsely, raising his hand to reach hers.

And wow, that took a whole lot of effort.

Damn.

But Athena thought that he wanted a drink and so she reached for a jug and filled a glass with water.

He didn't even know that it was there in the first place.

"Here you go, Wenny." Athena gave him the glass and he just chuckled.

"I wanted your hand, Thea... " He rasped causing her to widen her eyes and pout.

"Wenny!" She flushed and he chuckled.

~oOo~

For the past few days, all of them were waking up. Each was getting okay.

Charles and Zen may still be weak but they're waking up. They're fine.

They're alive.

Athena was just happy that they were doing fine. Having to see them weak and always asleep was starting to break her heart.

Aunt Jane told her to be brave but she  couldn't stop the fear. She was so used to being tucked in to getting to wake up with the face of her family greeting her that it really scares her to see them weak and fragile. The little girl's not saying that her aunt's not good enough but she's not her brothers.

She doesn't create the same warmth that her brothers emit.

And Athena misses that warmth.

"Thena!" Zen sleepily whined. "C'mere! I wanna hug!"

Athena shake her head. "No! You need to go night-night, Zenny!"

"No!" He childishly argued. "I want Thena!"

"I want you to go night-night!"

He crossed his arms. "As long as I don't get to have a hug from you then I'm not going to go to sleep."

Athena huffed, her cheeks getting pink as she pouted. "No fair."

"It's not fair to tell me that you don't wanna hug me." He argued. "It makes me think that you hate me now!"

Athena's frustration faltered. It cracked that was soon followed by sadness. She doesn't want him to think that she hates him. Athena never fails to visit him.

So slowly, Athena walked towards his bed and climbed beside him. He immediately wrapped his arms around her and snuggled closer, humming happily.

"I don't hate you..." She mumbled, turning around to look at him.

A smile was plastered on his face as he looked at her fondly. Zen then remove the strand of hair from Athena's face and kissed her forehead.

"I know, baby girl." He whispered. "I know that you love me so so much."

She hummed and snuggled closer. "I missed you too."

Zen chuckled. "I also know that."

"I'm scared... "

Athena won't admit it. She'll never admit that she's scared to anyone but the people she holds close.

Zen knows that.

He always does.

And so he hugged her closer and kissed the crown of her head while whispering a bunch of bedtime stories.

_______________

Hey guys, sorry for not updating early! I was working on some new book that I'll probably publish this week.

But besides that, Yay! They're alive! That's good news!

Now unto the bad news....

This story is reaching its end so brace yourselves guys...

So I hope you guys enjoyed it!

Let me know what you guys think

Leave a vote!