Chapter 24

Blood was painted all over the floor.

She closed her eyes, trying not to cry. She won't cry. Mama said that crying was for losers.

She's definitely not a loser.

But she begged for all of this to be over. Again and again. She quietly begged helplessly. She wants papa to save the day. Papa is her superhero! Papa and mama would save her, right? So she quietly thought about not losing this because mama would laugh at her and call her a loser, right?

But it's scary.

Scary to act brave when you really wanted to cry.

Scary to sit in a chair in the middle of a room with nothing but dull grey walls, no windows and just one metal door in front.

Scary to be tied in a chair, forced to watch people get hurt.

Everyone was shouting. Shouting at her to open her eyes and watch people get hurt. She hates fighting but she's always watching people punch others with all of their strengths.

All that the little girl could do was watch.

Like from a TV, right?

This is their curse.

This is the little girl's curse.

People like her gets hurt, people who gets closer to her gets killed.

That's her curse.

That's her fault.

Blood was spilled.

And she was shaking. Scared that maybe she will die.

Maybe one day but not today.

She hopes that it's not her time yet.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry, don't cry...

It's not scary, it's not scary, it's not scary...

Stop shaking, look straight, don't talk...

The room suddenly changed and she was standing in a black space. She looked around and called for help. It was cold, freezing actually, but she was just too scared to care about that.

She was alone.

"H-Hello?" The little girl's voice was small, fragile like glass and was shaking.

She stepped on something and looked down.

Hey eyed widened when she saw the pool of blood and she was even more frightened when she saw whose blood was it.

Her brothers was all dead.

Nothing but coldness in their eyes and blood on their shirts.

No.

Not them.

Not them!

"N-No... " She whispered in disbelief, walking back in fear and sadness. "No, no, no..."

They're dead and the people who shouted for orders were hovering over them with guns in their hands and Athena couldn't help but let a tear fall as she looked at the scene in horror.

Her brothers were dead.

Her brothers!

"NO!" She shouted and everything started to shatter.