Chapter 23

"How was your trip to Paris, Theo?"

Theodore held Athena's hand and he gave her a charming smile as they walked through the loud hallway.

"It's nice but kind of lonely." Theodore said with a small smile on his face.

Athena frowned. "It wasn't fun?"

"It was..." He shake his head and looked at her with the most sincere smile painted on his face. "Apart from my parents being busy, it's because you were not there."

Smooth.

Athena gave him a smile of her own as she tightened her hold on his hand. "But I'm here now."

Theodore nodded. "And I'm glad you are."

Athena smiled warmly at him and pinched his cheek. He didn't complain, he just gave her an amused look.

"So how's your day with Mayka and Jacob?"

Theodore got the same class with the two and it's hilarious seeing the three hang out. Usually, Theodore's patience is as wide as the universe but with them...

Well, that's a different story.

Theodore groaned and shake his head. "They're at it again."

Athena frowned. "Again?"

Theodore and Athena walked hand in hand towards the cafeteria as they talked about Janice being a bully to the new students. It happens all the time. They're always boasting about the things that they have. About who's the boss and all that.

"You always worry for the new students." Theodore commented.

Athena raised a brow at him. "Is that wrong?"

Theodore felt the upcoming anger of the little girl and he immediately shook his head and smiled nervously at her.

"N-No!" He immediately replied. "It's not wrong. I'm just saying that you're amazing."

Athena hummed but still looked at him suspiciously. He pouted.

"Eli..."

Athena breathed out a 'hmmpf' and glared at him, making the boy a bit upset for making the little girl mad.

"Eli, I didn't mean it that way..."

"But you sounded bothered." Athena answered.

Despite holding hands, he heard the cold answer of Athena and the warmth in it was gone.

"I'm not!" Theodore truthfully said. "I'm happy that you help them. I like that part of you and I believe that you're helping them tremendously!"

Athena giggled, knowing that Theodore would answer her without any embarrassment. She was just joking around to be honest.

"I know." She giggled, surprising him. "I was only joking."

Theodore huffed, glaring at her. "You're really devious."

Plus, the mood swings are scary.

One thing that Athena likes about Theodore is that he's honest. Well, of course, Athena won't let his words pass by. Being called devious is both a compliment and an insult.

Instead of worrying him,  she just took it as a compliment instead. "Thank you. It's a rare talent, to be honest."

Theodore couldn't help but laugh at her retort, before he could even answer back, his whole body tensed and he immediately went in front of her before he caught the tumbling little stranger in his arms.