Chapter 18

"Is it true that you're really going to inherit the company?"

"Over here, Athena! Can we get a picture?"

"Athena, look over here!"

"Miss Hale, how are you feeling about your father having an affair?"

That last question made the brothers sick deep into their stomachs as they push everyone away from Athena who was just walking towards the entrance of the building. She didn't answer any of those questions.

Just like what her parents have taught her.

Xavier and the rest were surprised when Athena held an aura of authority. What really surprised them was not that though, it's how she held her head high and was just walking ahead without any emotions painted on her face.

As if she's already used to this.

But in all honesty, Athena and all of her so called 'friends' aren't even kids in society's eyes. They all hold a responsibility. They would need to hold an honour for their families because it'll be such a huge disgrace if they ignored that.

Kid or not, they're taught at such a young age about everything that a child shouldn't even be learning yet.

How Athena acts or speak is just what she has observed.

People were trying to get closer to Athena but the brothers pushed them away along with other extra guards. They don't want some stranger touching their little girl.

"Miss Hale! Do you think that the rumors are true?"

Athena huffed as she ignored all of them. She wants to answer each and every one of their questions and prove it to them that her family is innocent and that her father can't do that to them but she can't do that. If she does then people would find a way to find some negativity in her explanations. Therefore, there's no need to explain herself on people who'll just morph someone's words into something bad.

As she almost reached the entrance of the building, someone suddenly pushed past the guards and held her arm tightly which made her flinch.

Her eyes widened at the contact as the man with a phone in his hand smiled creepily at her.

"Just answer one question, Miss Hale!" He shouted over the flashing lights and the loud voices. This was going to be in the news if this guy doesn't let her go.

"Please let me go... " She said quietly, looking at the people taking pictures of what's happening and she looked back at the man.

"Oh, c'mon, girlie. Can't answer one question? Just one question!"

"Hey buddy!" Zen shouted over the loud shouting and chaos. He pushed the stranger away from her and growled protectively. "Stay the hell away from her! Do you understand me?"

The man glared at him but then he smirked, making Zen more pissed.

"Okay man, no need to get your panties in a twist."

Zen was about to kill him when Xavier shouted his name in warning.

"Zen!" Xavier warned, making Zen froze. "Don't."

"Let's just go." Athena softly said, not wanting to have any more chaos.

Zen gave him one last glare before walking away.

When they finally entered the building, Athena sighed in relief. All of the tension in her body was released and she relaxed.

She wanted to answer those questions and prove to them that her father isn't having an affair. She wants to tell them that her family's not what they think.