Chapter 14

"Athena!"

The little girl looked at Zen who was flipping a magazine a little too dramatically.

So she dramatically raised a brow.

Two can play at this game.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Athena hummed in thought and shrugged. "What do you think?"

Zen scoffed and look at her. "Don't play games with me, kid." He said in his sheriff kind of tone.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Zenny." Athena innocently said and Zen gasped.

"So you do have one?"

"I dunno." She shrugged. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

Zen placed a hand on his chest, feigning pain.

Athena giggled at how he was acting.

"That hurts, y'know." Zen whined and Athena laughed.

"Single forever." Athena sighed dramatically and clapped her hands for effect. "What a sad tragic ending."

Zen rolled his eyes at the little girl. Now she's being the one that's dramatic. Not that he didn't mind. She looked cute acting like she's so mature about love like those.

Xavier first entered the living room and he was confused as to why the two were laughing.

"What's so funny?"

Zen wiped an imaginary tear off of his eyes.

"Your face."

Xavier narrowed his eyes at him and Athena immediately closed her mouth as soon as she saw the look on the eldest's face.

Oh no. They shouldn't mess with Xavier.

An annoyed Xavier is scary.

But Zen, the idiot that he is, laughed louder.

"Ha! Your face!" He cried. "That's hilarious! Your face is hilarious that it's a laughing joke!"

Athena cleared her throat and tried to make Zen stop from laughing.

But he kept laughing anyways.

"Hey stoney!" Zen said after a while of laughing non stop. He waved his hand at Athena who was trying to point  Xavier who's totally pissed off.

He ignored her.

"Yoohoo! Laughing here. Not funny?"

Athena facepalmed and shook her head. "You're so dead."

Before Zen could ask her about it, Xavier laughed. A low, menacing laugh that made Zen froze.

Like in the horror movies, he slowly look at  Xavier with an innocent smile and chuckled nervously.

"Hey, dude. How's it... Goin'?"

"Oh, I don't know." Xavier answers slowly that it was painful to hear him say it. "Do you mind telling me why my face looks hilarious?"

"Oh come on, Xav." Owen came in with a cup of coffee in his hand. He took a little sip and hummed contently. "Your face do look hilarious."

"See?" Zen happily pointed out. "Someone's agreeing with me."

"Yeah first time for that." Charles said, walking in as well with a bowl of popcorn.

Athena giggled adorably at them. "That's true."

"Don't agree with them!"

"I'll agree with the people who I'll want to agree." Athena answered and they cheered for her while the stupid sulked.

The little girl then noticed the bowl that Charles was holding and her eyes sparkled with stars.

"Popcorn!" Athena said, reaching out for Charlie's bowl with grabby hands. The latter couldn't help but chuckle at her action.

"No popcorn before lunch, Thea." Owen said calmly.

Athena tilted her head to the side while sulking. "But why?"

Zen smirked. "Ha! Because he said so! Boom!"

Athena glared at him and pouted her small pink bottom lip, her eyes were wide and adorable enough but with tears?

it's just too much.

"Please?" She asked and it took all of everyone's might to not give into that trick.

Her eyes were glassy and wide, her red rosy puffy cheeks that was so adorable too  pinch and kiss and how she pouted and looked at them like they've done the most horrible thing in the whole world was devastating.

Horrible.

Torturous!

"No, Athena." Xavier said as he continued to look at his hands as ignored her adorable gaze.

"If I said pretty please will you allow me then?" She asked adorably and when no one answered, she whimpered.

"Pretty please?"

Every part of their soul was burning from the inside because of how adorable she sounded when she said that.

They can't!

"That trick is nothing!" Zen said with his eyes closed. He laughed mockingly and grinned. "Not so strong now—"

"Zenny-Wenny... " He could hear Athena call out to him in the most childish way. "Pretty please with a large cherry on top?"

"I swear, if you fall for it, I'll make you pay." Xavier threatened that made Zen gulped.

Athena huffed, feeling defeated.

Defeat is something that she's not used to and her brothers were teaching her that not everything can be hers.

"Unfair." She pouted and crossed her arms.

Owen shook his head. "After lunch then you can eat popcorn."

Athena looked at him hopefully despite feeling sulky. "Promise?"

"Cross out hearts." Charles grinned at her. "Besides, I'm saving this for later."

Athena look at him in confusion. "Why?"

Xavier grinned. "Because we're having a movie marathon!"

"Family bonding!" Athena cheered and stood up. "I want that more than any popcorn in the whole wide world!"

"You sure?" Owen asked, challenging her.

Athena hesitated. She look at him in thought and hummed. After a while, she shrugged. "Family bonding, second place is popcorn."

Well they can't argue with that.

They're first place after all.

______________________________________

Okay!

What do you guys think about this?

Athena's just a big bundle of joy that I  believe is the cutest. XD

Drop a vote guys!