Chapter 2

The door of a certain room creaked in the silence of the house. It was 5:23 in the morning and a little girl walked out of that room with red flushed cheeks and a crazy bed hair.

Athena was holding her little favorite stuffed owl close to her chest as she look at both sides of the hallway in worry.

Seeing that the coast was clear, she made her way down the flight of stairs while trying to stay as quiet as possible.

After she reached final last step, she beamed in victory.

The dim lights was like her guide towards her destination. It's a good thing that everyone wakes up at 6:00 am sharp and they start the day by worrying and serving a certain young cheeky girl.

Athena's secret plan was so important that she had to wake up early in the morning before everyone in the house. Her stuffed doll owl, Mr. Georgie, already agreed with her plan, even if this goes against all of her first important rules.

Never go out of the mansion without someone to accompany you.

Well, it's not like Athena's a follower to those rules to begin with. She really secretly blames it on Zenriel and her parents because Athena sees them as rule breakers.

Oh well!

Athena then finally reached her destination without any harm or problems. She opened the back door, where her playground and swimming pool are at, and the soft and cold breeze greeted her, causing her to shiver and hug Mr. Georgie closer.

"It's cold today, isn't it, Mr. Georgie?" She whispered.

"And that's why you should get back inside."

Athena shrieked in surprise and turned around to see Owen with a dissapointed look painted on his face. His arms were crossed as he look at Athena like he's expecting something from her.

Like an explanation, for example.

"Owen, you scared me... " Athena whispered.

"Well you scared all of us, m'lady." Owen sounded so upset that it made Athena feel a little bad. "Did you know that Charles literally panicked when he found out that you're not in bed when you're supposed to be sleeping?"

Athena looks at the floor where her bare feet are at, feeling guilty now.

"I didn't mean to." Athena replied. "I only wanted to play outside."

"But you know the rules, Athena." Owen said softly, his soft footsteps made soft tap sounds through the padded carpet. "You could've wake me or Xavier up if you wanted to play outside."

Athena pouted and glared at Owen. "But you never allow me to play outside this early."

He chuckled. "True, we probably won't allow you to play outside this early."

Owen kneeled down until he can come face to face with the little girl. "Don't scare us."

"But you scared me first!" She whined stubbornly.

Owen couldn't help but roll his eyes in amusement at her answer.

"Don't outsmart me, sweetheart."

Athena smiled innocently. "I'm not."

"Ha! You found her!"

Zenriel's voice reached Athena's ears and she looked over Owen's shoulder, to find the rest panting heavily and looking so distressed and tired.

Owen carries the little girl and turned around to look at them.

"She wanted to play outside." Owen said, glaring at her but it didn't held any anger or disappointment anymore. "I found her before she could step in outside."

Xavier stepped forward with the same stance as Owen.

"Athena."

"Xavi." Athena challenged but Xavier didn't seem so happy about it.

"Don't ever do that again, Athena." He said.

Athena wanted to say 'No promises' but that wouldn't help her situation and Athena hates a mad Xavi and a mad Owen.

They are a no-no!

ABSOLUTELY a big no-no!

Athena's a smart child and she knows that getting them mad is something you would want to do when you want to commit 'suicide.'

Or that's what Charles and Zenriel often say out loud when they thought that they're alone.

And Athena strongly agrees with their statements.

"Athena, sweetheart, I don't want you getting hurt." He said softly this time. "You're a smart child. Next time, ask any of us to come with you, okay?"

Athena sighed defeatedly. "Okay."

Xavier smiled and kissed her forehead.

"Promise?"

Athena contemplated on her decision. If she say promise then she swear that she'll never do it again but if she don't then they'll get mad.

What to do...

"No promises!" Athena said nervously.

The four sighed. "Athena."

The little girl shrugged. "But you're there. So is Charlie, so is Zenie, so is Owen! I'm safe! I'm super duper extremely absolutely honestly safe 'cause they keep me safe, right? So I believe that I'm safe when you and the rest keeps me safe!"

That melted all of their hearts. To have Athena's trust is honorable. Something that is worth keeping.

It's definitely worth it.

"Like I said." Zen grinned and went to ruffle Athena's hair. "Are you trying to kill me?"

Athena whined and swatted his hand away with a glare.

"I wanted to ask the same question." Charles placed a hand on where his heart is at. "You're going to give me a heart attack someday, love."

"Sorry Charlie. Didn't mean to... " Athena said seriously.

She seriously didn't mean to scare them. She just wanted to play outside with her toy owl.

"We're gonna keep you on a tight supervision from now on." Owen exclaimed tiredly.

"Well, Mr. Georgie told me that he also wants to play outside too so you should look out for Mr. Georgie as well, right?" Athena said then looks at her stuffed toy. "Right, Mr. Georgie?"

"Then we'll also keep a tight supervision on Mr. Georgie too." Xavier smiled when Athena nodded.

"Well, let's all get some sleep with rest of the minute that's left, you little tyke!" Zen shook his head in fake disappointment.

Athena blew a raspberry at him.

"In my defense, I learned this all from mama and papa. Also because of Zen-Zen and sometimes Charlie too!"

"Well, well, well... " Xavier slowly said with a deadly tone.

"Well, well, well indeed." Owen hummed happily. To happy.

Which feels deadly as well.

"We got to teach you two a lesson on how to be a good role model to m'lady." Xavier said along with a creepy smiling Owen beside him.

The two shivered in fear while Athena laid her head on Owen's shoulder, hugging Mr. Georgie close to her.

They'll keep her safe, Athena believes that. They will,  with no doubt about it, keep her safe in their arms.

"G'night, e'ryone..." She mumbled and drifted away off to dreamland.

______________________________________

Well, that's that!

So I kinda rushed it so if there's any errors or mistakes then I'm truly sorry.

But hey! Chapter 3 luvsss!!

Tell me what you guys think and leave a vote darlings! (♡˙︶˙♡)