Chapter 11

Today was the day where Athena would meet her so called 'friends.'

Or that's what her parents would like call it.

She would never have thought that those children would be her friends. She once met them at her father's party. She could vaguely remember the smell of the strong colognes and the quiet chatter that was meant for people who's got wealth. People that barks haughtily to people who's lower then them and plays nice when their in front of someone who can help pull them out from their miserable rank of fame. At least some of them were people that was nice enough to give her a small genuine smile and it was enough for Athena to feel comfortable enough to roam around.

Of course, she's a curious bug. She would wander around to places she's never seen before and this party was one of it.

There she met a group of children. They invited her over and she thought that it was good to mingle around with children her age. She was wrong. Athena didn't like their arrogance. The way they speak to people lower than them in money and in power.

It's not the way Athena was taught. Her mother has always told her that everyone's equal. Her father told her that everything is not always about money and power.

That money can't buy everything.

Her parents gave her a life where she was not fully in the hands of wealth, in the flashing lights of the cameras and especially not fully in the spotlight.

She's very thankful.

So yes, she's really not looking forward to it.

"Can we just tell them that I'm sick?" Athena whined. "I don't wanna meet them... "

"Huh?" Charles gave her a weird look. "But they're your friends."

Athena grimaced, she look at the window where the scenery was passing by like a flash.

"They're not my friends."

"Now, now Athena." Owen scolded, looking at her with a stern expression. "What did we just talked about?"

Athena wanted to roll her eyes and throw a tantrum right there and right now. She really hates the idea of going there.

It makes her feel sick and suffocated.

Athena took a deep breath and she nodded. "Play nice."

'I won't promise anything though.' She thought stubbornly.

"I know that you don't like them but your mother and father told us that you need to get out every once in a while." Owen said, looking at her apologetically.

Athena can handle them, it's how they speak to people lower than them is what ticks her off.

"They could've picked a better place  than theirs though." Athena defended her point with a huff.

"We'll only be there for a little while." Zen grinned. "You can ignore them all you want. It's what I do when I hate some people."

"Hey!" Charles glared at him. "That's not what you should be teaching her."

"Oh, sorry." Zen said and then look at Athena again. "What I meant to say is that you guys should play a game. It would be called the 'ignoring-people-who-I- honestly-dislike-and-hate' game."

Everyone groaned and Athena giggled. She feels a little better now.

"I'll think about it."

"We're here." Xavier declared, driving through the large driveway. Athena could already see her friends waiting for her with a smile. A smug smile to be exact.