Chapter 42

"Are you kidnapping me because this is absolutely not Theodore's house."

Athena gaped at the literal castle in front of them. It was literally a castle. With all the guards, the carriages and horses, people coming out of it with fancy 18th century Georgian attires.

"Are we in the right century? In the right country?" Athena asked, her eyes were wide as a saucer when they finally pulled to a stop in front.

Her brothers just chuckled at her baffled expression and just smiled and stepped out of the door.

Charles opened the door and helped Athena out of the door, doing the fancy pantsy things people do to famous people.

"Charlie." Athena huffed. "You know that I can get out of the car on my own, right?"

"But your highness." He argued knowing that she'll put on a tight smile.

"Please tell me what's going on because you're scaring me more than the castle itself."

Zen laughed maniacally. "Now that, my dear, is a secret."

Athena sighed. She'll take a guess and say that this is all Theodore's plan. Athena mumbled something under her breath before sighing.

"I'm not going to wear a gow—"

Before she could finish her sentence, her world turned black.

~oOo~

When she woke up, she jumped in surprise when she saw herself at the mirror.

She was slightly upset that her own brothers would do such a thing but the outcome as to why they did that was a shock.

At first she thought that someone was in front of her but this was more scarier than thinking that someone's in front of her.

In front of her was a lady whose hair was curled and half tied, embedded with her favorite flowers. There's pink and white roses, daffodils with gypsophila overtime flowers. It was cleanly made.

She was even dolled up.

Athena was wearing a magnificent royal blue A-line gown that shows her back a bit. White flowers were designed in front till her back while the color of white and blue playfully battles with her tulle skirt.

Athena gaped and stood up from her chair.

She gave herself a twirl and noted the long blue ribbon from behind.

Whoever did this should get rewarded because they're talented. Athena didn't even bother about the idea of being stripped without her permission while she was dead and away from the cruel world.

A knock interrupted her moment and suddenly, her father entered.

Athena blinked owlishly at him.

"Dad?"

He smiled as she walked closer to him.

"What's going on?" She noted his clothes. It was as if a king was in front of her. He's got the cape and the crown.

"My darling princess."

She scrunched up her nose at that.

"You look marvelous, my dear girl. Every man would've asked for your hand and every woman would've died of envy if they ever saw you." He winked.

Athena sighed. I guess they're going to have to role play here. She wouldn't admit it out loud but it sounds amusingly fun when they play like people from the past.

People with royals and peasants. A fantasy world where everyone's simple but deadly.

"Thank you, your highness." She bowed playfully. She saw her father chuckle at their playfulnes. "But I have already chosen a man to stay with."

He hummed. "He have asked for a grand ball as a surprise."

So Theodore's surprise is a grand ball. Well, Athena's surprised.

"And you have granted him that." It wasn't a really a question.

The king nodded. "Come, Athena. I shall accompany you to the party. Everyone's waiting."

Well, she guessed that she'll have to go with it.

Athena grabbed the king's awaiting hand and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Glad to see you again, papa." She whispered as they left the room.

The hallway was beautiful. Candle lit with old long paintings hanged on the walls. There were fancy chandeliers from up above while the floor was wooden with a red carpet that was apparently leading them to where they needed go.

Each end of the hallway was a large window with red curtains; a fireplace to rest and chairs on each side of the room.

Alexander chuckled and kissed his daughter's head. "I missed you too, love."

The two of them walked in silence, enjoying the warmth of the other. Athena wondered what this surprise will be.

Would Theodore be wearing an old attire as well? A nobleman?

Well, that would've been a lovely treat for the ladies.

"Here we are."

They stopped at a large door. Music was tempting Athena to see what lies ahead after they opened this mystery.

The sixteen year old looked at her father and the man just smiled.

"Ready?"

Athena nodded. "I'm always ready, papa."

And with that, they opened the door.

_______________

Hey!

Sorry for the cliffhanger but life's full of surprises.

If I made a mistake at describing the dress then I'm sorry. I'm not a Pro at it...  (。ŏ_ŏ)

I hop you enjoyed it! It was super hard to describe their surroundings. If you wanted to see Athena'a dress, you can look at the picture above.

Happy readings guys.