Chapter 29

Athena's a lot of things.

She's brave even if she gets scared sometimes. She's smart but doesn't brag about it. She treats everyone with equality and doesn't judge too quickly without knowing who they really are. That's how she is, really. She's Athena Eleanore Hale.

But she gets devilish sometimes.

So when she saw how girls at Zenny's school swarm her brothers like a moth to a flame, she couldn't help but slip out of their sight and wander off like an explorer looking for an adventure!

But it's not her fault that she wandered.

It was Wenny and Xavi's fault.

Not hers.

Definitely and absolutely not her fault.

Good thing that they told her that it was Zenny's lunch break because if they didn't then she'll be walking around like a headless chicken and that'll be a big fat no-no for the little girl so the best way to find him is to go to the cafeteria.

It'll be easy, right?

Easy peasy.

But, well, unfortunately, she spoke too soon because when she was trying to find the cafeteria with the help of some teacher that she just met (Her name's Ms. Nora by the way and she's a very nice teacher), she suddenly heard some teenagers shouting at one another. It sounded like they were fighting and arguing that it suddenly made Athena feel scared.

And one of those voices sounded like her Zenny.

She never really liked loud voices. Or anything that's related to arguing or fighting.

It just completely scares her.

Especially when it's one of her guards that's gotten into one.

It just makes her remember some things not worth remembering.

She unconsciously let out a whimper as she stuck closer to Ms. Nora's side, clenching the hem of her polo shirt.

As much as she wanted to immediately rescue Zenny, Athena's not stupid enough to just blindly walk there without some adult to stop the fight. She'll usually stop it if the fight is between her brothers but if there's strangers involved, Athena don't know what they're really capable of.

Teenagers began to ran at the direction where the shoutings were coming from and they could just hear some hollers from students.

She was scared of the commotion.

She wants Xavi and Owen.

"I want to go back... " Athena whispered, trying not to sound scared and nervous but the teacher could clearly hear the fear in the little girl's voice and it just made her heart drop. "I want my brothers... "

Nora wanted to run and stop what commotion was happening because she's a teacher and it's her duty to stop whatever chaos is happening but Athena comes first and Athena's just a little girl to be just left alone with her fear eating her alive.

So Nora smiled comfortingly at the little girl and kneeled down in front of Athena.
"Okay, sweety." She said softly at Athena. "Do you know where your brothers are?"

Athena bobbed her head. "Mhmm. I think they're still close to the clinic..." She said with a small voice.

Nora nodded. "Okay, so here's what we're gonna do. We'll go look for your brothers and tell a teacher that those students are too noisy for our own good. How does that sound? Is that okay with you, sweety?"

"But Ms. Nora... " Athena whined, looking at her with those big beautiful eyes. "You're a teacher."

Athena's not stupid. Of course Nora would be able to stop whatever fight was happening and Athena really hates being alone but Ms. Nora needs to be there to stop the fighting!

She was surprised when the woman shook her head and smiled softly at Athena.

"But we need to see your brothers, sweetheart." She answered, bopping Athena's nose making her smile a little. "I promise that we'll call another teacher to stop this, okay?"

Athena nodded, feeling a bit better now. "Kay... "

Nora smiled, trying not to show any signs of nervousness as she stood up. She offered Athena a hand and the little girl gladly took it.

____________________

When she saw Xavier and Owen still at the same place, she didn't waste her time to run towards them.

At least this time, they weren't surrounded by a bunch of girls.

Athena hugged Xavier's waist, whimpering as she look for comfort.

"Athena!" Owen said in surprise. "For everyone's sake, stay put for once." Owen huffed, crossing his arms as he looked at Athena with an upset look. "Where did you run off this time, young lady?"

"Went to look for Zenny." Athena explained, her voice was fragile and weak. "But there was shouting and—and fighting... "

Owen's stern expression softened when he heard that.

Xavier pat the little girl's head softly. "Yeah?"

"Mhmm..." She hummed weakly.

"And did you stop it?" Xavier asked, feeling hist heart shatter into a million of pieces when he heard the weak and quiet voice of Athena.

"Went to find you guys first... Wanna stay with you guys now." Athena explained, looking up at Xavi with a sad frown placed on her lips. "I heard Zenny, Xavier... He was shouting... "

Xavier.

Xavier and Owen's heart dropped when they heard that. Million of questions ran up to their mind and all they wanted to do is to look at Athena and check if she's got any injuries but she said that she went out to look for them.

Good, that's good.

Xavier noticed the teacher and remembered that she was the one who brought Athena back to them.

The teacher smiled and hold out her hand. "My name is Nora. I believe that you two are her brothers?"

Xavier nodded, raising his hand to shake hers. "Yes, thank-you for bringing our little girl back."

Nora nodded with a smile. "It was no problem at all."

"Was she any problem at all?" Owen asked nicely.

Nora shook her head. "She was a lovely company. Such a sweet girl."

Athena pouted. "I ain't mean! I was nice to Ms. Nora."

Owen and the rest laughed.

"Of course you are, you little troublemaker." Xavier exclaimed with a chuckle.

Owen, the mother hen of the group, carried the worried Athena in his arms and just hugged her protectively.

"Now then, if you'll excuse us, we'll be on our way." Xavier excused, leading the way towards the canteen where hopefully, Zen's far away from fighting.

Nora just waved goodbye at them and at the little girl. Athena waved at her because she doesn't want to be rude to a nice lady.

"Bye-bye, Ms. Nora."

After they left, Nora hummed thoughtfully. "I feel like I've seen those three somewhere on YouTube... "

___________________________________________

Mwhahaha! I didn't show Zen here... (╥﹏╥)

Oh well...

Maybe next time! XD

What do you think about this chapter?

Any opinions?

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this as much as I'm enjoying writing the fluffy relationship between them!

Leave a comment and vote! ♥