Part 20

I was halfway through my pint of ice cream and the second season of some popular tv show when I heard a knock at my door.

It wasn't like I had really been watching the show anyway. I had been daydreaming about last night and was now grateful for the distraction. I paused the show and walked to my bedroom to grab a silk robe my grandmother gave me. It was one of the only luxury items I had and I treasured it most because it came from her.

I sighed and mentally reminded my self to check in with the realtor about the house when I heard a knock at the door again and this time it sounded more forceful and urgent.

"Coming," I yelled, tying a knot at the front of the robe as I walked through the apartment.

I unlocked and opened the door, seeing someone I hadn't expected.

"Good afternoon, Genevieve," he greeted me with his expressionless face, giving nothing away, as per usual.

I arched a brow and leaned a hip against the door jamb, causing the robe to fall off one of my shoulders, exposing the strap and the top of my red lace bra.

"Afternoon, Mr. Blackstone. To what do I owe this unannounced visit," I asked, not bothering to cover myself.

He had seen it all so what was there to hide?

His eyes roamed my body before stopping at my exposed cleavage. He cleared his throat and then looked into my eyes, "Can I come in?"

Did I want him in my apartment? Would it lead to something more? Would I let it lead to something more?

Especially without having information on what happened this morning?

With the way he was looking...and the way my body was reacting...sadly, yes.

So much for my bruised pride and ego...

He had obviously showered as his dark brown hair was now freshly slicked back. His beard and mustache were neatly trimmed with not a hair out of place, and he was wearing a crisp navy blue suit and damn it if he didn't look like a god.

'Stop drooling and find out what happened this morning so you can stop sulking around like a broken-hearted teenager pining for a man you barely know!'

"Sure, come on in," I sighed and moved out of the way.

Shutting the door and then turning around, I caught him walking further into my apartment, taking in his surroundings.

"Was there something you needed, Mr. Blackstone? Did you, by chance, come by for a tour," I asked in an impertinent tone as I followed him while he walked toward the living room.

"No, I wanted to stop by and drop something off to you," he explained before turning around and digging something out of his pants pocket, holding it out to me.

I took the white box from him and read the front.

"The morning-after pill," I asked in an accusatory tone.

"Yes," his jaw clenched and I felt my face flush in embarrassment.

"I'm...I'm on the pill, Domi-- Mr. Blackstone," I said in disbelief and felt infuriated.

"Can I please just watch you take it?"

So, now he thinks I'd want to have his baby? Did he think I wanted to trap him to me or something?

What kind of an egotistical, self-centered, narcissistic prick would think that I--

--Not everyone was out to steal his fucking money!