Part 80

*Dom*

We touched down in Dallas at 3:45 and I was thankful I remembered to call and have Charles come get us from the airstrip.

He opened the door of the limo as we approached, "Mr. Blackstone, I'm sure your trip went well?"

I nodded, "Yes, Charles. Thank you. We'll be dropping my siblings off at my house and then you and I will be taking my car out."

"I'm coming with you," Preston stated firmly as I went to get in the car. I straightened and turned around.

"No, Preston. I'm going by myself."

He shook his head, "She was my girl at one point too, Dominic. I care about her, and while I respect her decision, I will be there when she's rescued. She needs all the love and comfort she can get."

I mulled over his words for a few seconds before nodding and getting into the car.

***

"This is it," Preston asked as we pulled up to the white colonial house.

I nodded.

"Are you sure he's keeping her at his actual house? He doesn't have any properties or something," he asked.

"No. He sold them all once he went bankrupt. This is it."

"So, how are we going to do this," he asked as we got out of the car.

"Well, I was planning to just try for a window. You got a better suggestion," I asked as we made our way to the front door.

He bent down and turned over the various flower pots by the door before standing and showing off a key, "Like this."

He slid the key in the lock and pushed the door open. I waited to hear an alarm but was pleasantly surprised that they didn't have one.

Avery must've seriously thought I wouldn't figure out it was him. Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

I shut the door quietly behind me and we wait in the silence to see if we hear any movement.

I leaned over and whispered, "We're not going to disturb the children. We'll find the master bedroom and do what we need in there."

He nodded as we made our way to the stairs. He tentatively placed weight on his foot on the first stair and I quietly sighed in relief as it was silent.

There was a bedroom at the end of the hall that I just knew what the master and so with a tap to Prestons' shoulder I whispered, "I'll go for Avery. You stay by his wife and make sure she doesn't scream."

I took lead in walking down the hall and then placing my ear to the door to listen for any movements. When I was satisfied at the silence I turned the knob and prayed to any and every God that the hinge wasn't squeaky.

Luck was on my side tonight as I pushed the door open enough for me and Preston to fit through before he shut it silently.

I saw the man, then. He was peacefully unaware in his state of comatose that his worst nightmare was in his house, in his personal bedroom, ready to end his life.

I gestured for Preston to go around to the wifes' side as I stood over Avery.

I took a deep breath and drew the gun from my waistband before grabbing him by the throat and placing the gun to his temple as I hauled him up and out of bed.

"What the--"

I squeezed his throat tighter and pressed the gun harder into his temple, "Shut your fucking mouth, St. James. If you wake up your kids, I would hate to have to get rid of them."

Preston had his hand over the wifes' mouth as she was sobbing. He leaned down to whisper into her ear before she finally quietened down.

Avery was staring into my eyes, his full of fear. I could see him thinking of forming sentences but I squeezed tighter once again.

"Where is she," I whispered menacingly.

I saw his mouth form a 'who' before I turned him around so he could see his wifes' tear-filled face, "If you don't tell me now where my Genevieve is, I'll have my brother defile and kill your wife right in front of you. You want that?"

I knew Preston wasn't capable of that, and I wouldn't actually have him do it, but the threat was meant to scare both him and her. Her eyes went wide as she looked up at Preston and I saw her begin to shake.

"You better answer me," I whispered again in the man's ear, pushing the gun further into his temple.

"Basement," he cried out as Preston started parting the wifes' legs for dramatic effect.

I hauled him out of the room and down the stairs, "Where's the basement," I whispered again.

"Kitchen."

"If you're lying, Avery St. James, I will sell your children to the same traffickers you employed to take my Genevieve. Do you understand me?"

He tried to shake his head, "I'm not lying. She's in there. I swear," he pleaded.

I was thankful that I had gotten a silencer from Charles as I drug Avery to the kitchen and pushed him to his knees as I stood behind him.

I saw his shoulders shaking with his sobs as a pool of yellow formed underneath him on the white tile floor and chuckled. Fucking pussy.

"I have a few questions for you. Why would you waste your money on Genevieve? You bought her...for what?"

"I was going to ask for a ranso--"

"Your fucking goons wouldn't take one," I pushed the gun into the back of his head.

He held his hands up, "I told them I was going to use her, but I swear I wasn't! I just didn't want to also share the ransom with them. I was going to hold her for a few weeks and then demand at least a billion dollar ransom from you. I'm sorry, Dominic! Please, have mercy on me. I have a family!"

I leaned down, careful not to step in his piss, "Genevieve is my family and you took her from me. I will show you no mercy, Avery. I will shoot you here in your kitchen and leave your wife to clean up the mess."

I wouldn't, but I wanted him to suffer the mental burden he thought he would be leaving.

"Please, Dominic. I have kids," He sobbed.

"They are going to live a much better life without you," I stated before standing up straight.

"Any last words? Anything you want your family to know?"

"Tell them that I love them and that I was only trying to do what was best for them," he whispered.

"Will do."

One to the head.

Time to get my girl.