Part 33

"At least stay for dinner. We could order in..," I tried to tempt him.

We hadn't bothered to put on any clothes as we laid across my bed just talking softly and teasing each other.

"Genevieve...I can't."

He didn't look at me as he spoke, his eyes were trained to the ceiling.

"Please," I tried again, "Let's just eat, have some wine...maybe watch some bad tv and see where the night takes us..."

I rolled over onto my stomach and came face to face with his shoulder, giving it a light kiss.

He had an arm under his head, the other at his side and he looked like a greek god as he posed without even meaning to.

"You are insatiable, Ms. Carlyle," he murmured, that trademark smirk playing on his lips as he turned his head to look at me.

"I really am," I flirted, biting his shoulder gently.

The truth was that I couldn't get enough of Dominic. He was almost so perfect to a fault...but he wasn't. He had one glaring imperfection...

He still planned on acting like the perfect boyfriend in a happy relationship with Jasmine, even taking her to lunch tomorrow, but he had promised me that by the end of the week he would end things with her.

He picked up my hand that was on his chest and brought it to his lips, his mustache tickling my fingers as he kissed my knuckles.

"Can I be honest with you," he asked, his voice a husky whisper against my fingers.

"Always, please," I breathed, biting my lip.

"I don't, honestly, think I can keep up with you. You are the youngest submissive I've had and I am getting older..."

He let the sentence trail off and to see him sad and self-pitying... It was so unlike him.

"Dominic," I began, "You are...strong, and confident, and usually so sure of yourself. You keep me on my toes, and you always seem to know what I'm thinking. If anyone can't keep up, it's simply me. You are almost too perfect. You're poised, well put together, you can capture the attention of anyone in the room just by walking in--"

He cut me off when he leaned up and kissed me and then whispered against my lips, "Aren't I suppose to say all of that about you?"

I straddled his hips and sat up, feeling his hands rest on hips, "It's 2019, Sir. Men need to hear how amazing they are too."

He smirked and looked up at me with almost black eyes, "So now I'm amazing?"

I trailed my nails down his chest and to his stomach, watching the muscles contract under my touch, "I've thought you were amazing since the moment I met you, Sir."

He sat up suddenly and put his arms around me in a tight hug.

"I'm leaving her tomorrow," he breathed against my mouth and then kissed me passionately.

***

He left me, last night, feeling needier than I ever have.

We kissed for a long time and feeling our lips move together, feeling our tongues dance and slide together. It was a softer side of Dominic that I wasn't used to, but I, nevertheless, welcomed wholeheartedly.

He said he needed to get back to the office and go over a few more contracts before the morning and I was sad to see him go but eager to be by myself and take a shower and think about what him being single might mean.

Did he want to be in a relationship with me? Did he want to let people know that we were a 'thing'? I could never be sure with the man. He was so hard to read sometimes.