Part 22

The elevator stopped at the 16th floor and a tall and skinny woman with mid-length blonde hair stepped in wearing a figure-hugging low-cut black dress that stopped about mid-thigh with a pair of black heels.

Confidence radiated from her as she looked at Dominic with a mischevious smile, "Good morning, Dominic."

To say I was shocked was an understatement. Nobody at this company called him by his first name unless they had a personal relationship with him and she didn't appear to be his sister.

I had moved away from him when the elevator stopped to let her on so I was now pressed against the back corner and she was between me and Dominic.

"Good morning, Jasmine. When did you get back from your vacation," he asked. 

I couldn't read his emotions based on his reaction to her. I hadn't seen him around a lot of people so I couldn't place what it was or what significance she had to him. 

But the look on her face said she either wanted him or had already had him before...

"I got back Saturday. I called your assistant to see if you were free but she told me that you had fired her and gotten a new one," she turned to look back at me over her shoulder, giving me a once over.

"Is this her," she asked in a snide tone, her face showing a look of unenthusiasm. 

He looked back at me, his emotions still unreadable, and then to her again, "Yes.  Jasmine, this is Genevieve, my new assistant. Genevieve, this is Jasmine. She works on th—"

"I'm his girlfriend," she turned around and held out her hand. The smug smile on her face was all I needed to see to know that she was absolutely telling the truth.

I tried to pull myself together as I placed my hand in hers and shook it, "Yes, of course. His... I'm sorry, he hasn't said anything about you."

She turned around and playfully slapped Dominic on the shoulder, "Really, Dom? I wasn't gone for that long."

I didn't listen to him try and explain himself to her. I just stared straight ahead and felt the fury, humiliation, and adrenaline pump through my body.

How could I have let him have so much control over me that I was now humiliated to be in his presence?

I felt cheated, disgusted, foolish, naive, and stupid for actually thinking that someone like Dominic Blackstone didn't already have a girlfriend. I also now realized I had been the other woman and I felt like a slut. 

I snorted out loud at the realization.

"Excuse me," Jasmine turned around and asked me, her eyebrows arched.

"I'm sorry, it was a cough, ma'am. I feel as though I might be coming down with something," I placed the inside of my elbow over my mouth and fake coughed into it.

"Well, don't get Dominic sick," she turned around and held on to his arm, "I made reservations for lunch today. I hope you don't mind. I didn't think you had anything planned."

The elevator stopped on the 20th floor and she pulled his lips to hers before turning to me and giving me another smug smile. 

"Do get some medicine, Gwen," she said and stepped onto her floor and let the doors close behind her.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and Dominic made a move towards me but I cut my eyes at him with a glare. 

"Do not even think about touching me," I said, lacing every word with enough venom to kill a man.

"Genevieve, let me--"

I put my hand up and shook my head, "No, Mr. Blackstone, I do not need an explanation. I am nothing more than your assistant and I should've," I chuckled lowly, "I should've known my place so please, just...don't."

He turned around and sighed, neither of us trying to fill the silence. The elevator finally made it to our floor and I felt like this was the longest I had ever been in an elevator in my life as he punched in the code and the doors opened.

I waited for him to walk out first and then followed behind him, going straight to my desk and turning on my computer.

He started to make his way to my desk with the white paper bag, "Genevieve, would you like your--"

I didn't even look up before I interrupted him, "No, Sir. I'm saving my appetite for lunch with Jeremy today."

I glanced at him and saw his face harden and his jaw clench and I mentally fucking dared him to say anything after not mentioning his girlfriend.

"Genevieve, I thought I told you to--"

I laughed out loud and smirked at him, "Yeah, you thought, but I don't belong to you anymore. You gave up that privilege when you lied to my face. Who knows, I might even ask Jeremy to come back to my apartment for drinks tonight. I'm sure he wouldn't bring me the morning after pill tomorrow."

He tossed the bag behind him, letting it fall to the ground, and stalked towards me. I wasn't sure what he would do to me, but if he tried to punish me I would safeword his ass so fast.

He pulled my chair out from under my desk and placed his hands against my arm rails and leaned down into my face. 

"I never lied. You just didn't ask if I was seeing someone, Genevieve. Now, when I give you a command, you follow it, and that command still stands. Do you understand? I don't want any answer but 'Yes, Daddy'."

His amber eyes were glaring into mine and honestly, I was afraid that if I said anything but what he wanted he would fire me and I needed this job... 

So, at that moment, I had to lie. 

I would still see Jeremy today, but Dominic wouldn't know about it, so I whispered, "Yes, Daddy," and felt my stomach churn at how easily it seemed I was giving in.

"Good girl. I want to watch you type that email since you seemed a little reluctant," he leaned back and turned my chair towards the computer.

I quickly clicked on my email and typed in Jeremy's email address.

*Good morning, Jeremy. My plans have changed. I won't be able to make it to lunch with you today. Terribly sorry, but we'll have to reschedule. -Genevieve-*

"That's acceptable," he sighed and walked to his desk.

I stared at his back, I couldn't believe I had let him use me to cheat on his girlfriend and still allowed him to command me to do something. He just...had a way of making any and everyone listen.