Part 37

The people by the door stopped talking as I walked in and I blushed at the attention.

And I quickly saw why. 

My dress was extravagant as it hugged my figure tightly and had a deep plunging v-neck and an open back. My train was on the longer side, but that wasn't that cherry on top of the cake.

My dress all but sparkled in the lights that danced around me. I was almost overdressed as I looked around and saw a few women with powder pink silk dresses on, a few with modest silk blue dresses, but none with as deep necklines as mine.

The men, however, seemed to have no problem looking at me. A few licked their lips and I knew they were wondering who I was with tonight. Even the ones with dates were looking me up and down.

I looked good tonight and I knew it. I couldn't wait for Dominic to see it, though. I picked the dress specifically for him as it was the color he wanted and it hugged my curves in all the right places.

I made my way to the bar and immediately got the bartender's attention, "What are you having, doll?"

I blushed and was about to name off some alcoholic drink, but I felt a large, warm hand on my back and a deep voice cut through the rest of the noise, "Champagne, please."

I turned and smiled as I watched his eyes travel down my body and when he got back up to my cleavage he growled. 

"I knew I should've told you to show me the dress before I just let you wear it. You look too sexy." His voice was low and his eyes were lust-filled.

"Too sexy, Sir? I picked it for you. I was hoping you'd like it," I bit my lip and raised an eyebrow. He still had his hand on my naked back and the other on the bar, waiting for my drink.

"I'm sure you were also hoping I'd get myself in trouble as well, weren't you? I should've come to get you myself as you clearly can't be trusted to dress without bringing attention to yourself." 

His pupils were blown and I knew all he wanted to do was find the first vacant room and bend me over.

I smirked, grabbed my drink from his hand, and took a rather large sip before replying coyly, "I have no idea what you mean, Sir. I've only been here for a few minutes and already I'm in trouble?"

He leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "You're lucky there are so many eyes on us or I would bend you over and turn your ass black and blue, Princess."

I blushed and was practically drooling, "We can go find somewhere private..."

He pulled away and chuckled darkly, "With all the paparazzi around? Someone is bound to see our departure."

"Gen, so glad you could make it," Jasmine's shrill voice sounded a few feet away.

I felt Dominic drop his hand from my back and move a few feet away. I smiled at her and took another sip of my drink, "Me, as well. You look nice, Jasmine."

Her dress was blood-red and floor-length, as most of the dresses here were. The straps sat on her shoulders and it had a modest neckline.

"Thank you, I'd say the same for you, but your dress leaves something to be desired...maybe modesty?"

The small smile I had plastered to my face when I was in her presence never faltered, "I like it. So, I guess that's all that really matters."

"Yes, but this is a charity event. Modesty is key." 

I chuckled but then a small blonde woman came up to us and looked at Dominic.

"Sir, can I borrow your date for a moment?"

Dominic and I looked to Jasmine and she looked to the small blonde and the woman looked at her for a moment and blushed.

"Sorry, I meant you?" She was looking at me and it was my turn to blush.

I looked at Dominic instinctively and I saw him nod slightly and I turned back to her, "Sure."

She took me away from the circle and stopped me in a slightly deserted corner, "So, this might be a crazy question, and you can totally say no...but... Will you auction yourself off tonight?"

My jaw dropped, "What?"

She blushed again, "Sorry, that definitely did not come out correctly! I meant as a date. Like, auction a date with yourself..." 

Her eyes raked over my body and then settled back on my eyes, "I have no doubt we'd raise quite a bit of money if you were to..."

"So...they would be bidding for a date with me? Just a date," I clarified.

"Yes, ma'am... Just a date... And it's for charity..."

I looked back at Dominic and his eyes were on me and I knew that if I agreed with the small blonde in front of me that he would not be happy, but it was for charity...

"Um, sure," I shrugged shyly, "You really think people will bid?"

"Oh, yes. A few men have already asked," she brought up the clipboard and looked at me expectantly, "Your name?"

"Genevieve Carlyle," I spelled it out for her, as well.

"Okay, well, we will be starting the auction soon with you being the first. Is that okay?"

I swallowed audibly again and looked around. A few eyes were on me and I felt hot all of a sudden but I wasn't going to let her down now, "That's fine."

"When we call your name you will walk to the stage and give a brief description of yourself and then the bidding will start. Are you okay with public speaking?"

I blushed and looked back at her, "That's okay." 

I had to be good at public speaking if I wanted to be a CEO one day, so, I might as well get all the experience I could.

"Okay, it'll be about five minutes. See you soon," she gave me a thumbs up and turned her back as she made her way to a man in a white suit by the stage.

I made my way back to Dominic and Jasmine, both of them looking at me for different reasons.

"What did she want? To tell you to change?" Her smirk was superior and smug.

I looked from her to Dominic and back to the stage, "They want me to auction off a date with myself."

I heard Dominic suck in a ragged breath, "And?" 

His voice low and threatening.

I looked into his eyes and spoke in a low, submissive voice, "I agreed, Sir."

His body tensed, but I don't think Jasmine noticed the slight change from employee and employer to submissive and dominant.

"And I'll be first on the auction list."

He picked up his glass of bourbon and took it as a shot and I knew he was pissed.

"Hopefully, we raise a lot for charity but don't be disappointed if not a lot of people bid. I auctioned my self off one year and only got a measly $5000. I guess people are just cheap here."

It was another jab but I let it go as my stomach was churning. 

"Well, it's for charity," I spoke the words to Dominic so that he would see that it was for a good cause, "So, as long as someone bids any amount of money then I'm fine."