Chapter 1

Brendon sat on his uncomfortable bed, scratching another tally mark on the wall. He had been stuck in the hell-hole they called prison for exactly one year.

It didn't feel too long to Brendon, but he knew it had been way too long since he had seen his precious Ella. Every night, when he would close his eyes, the first thing that would pop into his head was Ella.

It was always the same dream, too. He would dream about their wedding day, then happy life after. Brendon sighed, slamming his fist on the wall. He had to get out of there.

Just as he was about to lay down and fall asleep, the cell door opened, revealing a female officer. 

"Looks like today is your lucky day, Mr. Urie. A man by the name of Spencer Smith has bailed you out." Brendon furrowed his eyebrows, but then realized that he was finally free, again. 

'Well, it's about fucking time. Spencer was supposed to free me just months after I was put in here.'

Brendon stood up and stretched out his arms and legs, groaning in the process. "So, when am I going to be leaving?" The officer sighed, shrugging her shoulders.

"It all depends on how fast you get your stuff, sign some papers, and say the oath in front of the chief." Brendon smirked. He'd be free in no time.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ella ran around her apartment, cleaning it up nicely for her friend, Aly. She had been in college for a year and a half now and was starting to get used to it.

As much as her friends begged her to go to some of the frat parties, Ella would always decline and stay at home to study for some of her tests that were coming up.

In fact, she was one of the best students at the university she attended. The news played on the tv in the background, helping Ella get through all the cleaning.

Her apartment wasn't even that dirty. She just hated when she had a couple things lying around here and there. As Ella finished cleaning, she heard the news anchor state that there was breaking news.

She furrowed her eyebrows and turned up the tv, watching as the screen showed a news reporter in front of the prison. 

"Hello, we're here at Michigan State prison for the surprise release of Brendon Urie." Ella's heart dropped, everything around her moving in slow motion.

It couldn't be true. Brendon was supposed to be locked up for twenty-five years. Her heart pounded as she watched the man she never wanted to see again appear on screen.

"Hello, Mr. Urie. How are you feeling now that you are free, again?" Brendon smirked, taking a deep breath in before speaking.

"Well, it feels nice. I've been coming up with a plan for what I'm going to do now. The year I spent in prison made me realize my mistakes."

The reporter nodded, then glanced back at the camera for a second. "Would you like to say something to the people you care about before we head back to the studio?"

Brendon nodded. "Certainly." The camera focused on him, the reporter moving out of the frame. He held the microphone and looked into the camera menacingly, almost as if he were staring Ella down.

"I would like to say to Ella, the girl I love the most, that I'm a changed man. During my year of imprisonment, I couldn't stop thinking about you. I can't wait to see you again, darling. Have a nice night."

It switched back to the anchors in the studio, who were beginning to talk about a robbery that happened at the local mall just over the weekend.

Ella was still scared, the look on Brendon's face stuck in her mind. He was coming back for her and she had no idea when he would show up.