Chapter 47

Later that night, Ella was getting ready for bed, putting her hair up into a messy bun. She sighed, walking into the kitchen, checking on the hot chocolate she had been making.

There had been an inner battle between her feelings and she thought that it would be nice to just relax and try not to think about what was really going on.

Except, Brendon kept texting her every five minutes, wondering why she hadn't been texting him back. Ella wasn't too keen on getting with him as of the things he had done in the past.

Instead, she wanted to focus more on her father's health and her grades. Once the hot chocolate was done, she poured it into one of her favorite mugs, then went into the living room.

Not caring what show was on, Ella plopped down on the couch, taking a careful sip of her drink. Even though she wasn't into the show at all, Ella couldn't help but get annoyed with all the messages Brendon was sending.

Ella glanced down at her phone, wanting to pick it up. She rolled her eyes, snatching the phone off of the couch. She looked at some of the texts he had sent her, then turned off the volume, so she didn't have to know that he was sending her more messages.

As the night went on, Ella found herself getting tired. She wrapped herself in a blanket that hung on the back of the couch, then closed her eyes.

*Flashback*

Ella woke up in a dark room, her arms and legs tied down. Unlike all those cliche movies, she was in a bedroom and not tied down to a chair.

Tears rolled down her cheeks once she realized that her dad probably didn't make it out alive after that battle.

Out of nowhere, a lighter ignited in the corner of the room, illuminating Brendon's face just a tiny bit. Ella gasped, her breath getting caught in her throat.

Brendon lit his cigarette, taking a quick puff afterwards. "Welcome back, princess. I've missed you very much."

As of right now, Ella was missing the time she spent with both her mom and dad. She hated how she had dragged her dad into this gigantic mess.

Brendon moved closer, pushing a strand of her golden hair out of her face. "Tell me, darling. Did you miss me? Cause I certainly missed you."

A wicked grin was plastered on his face and his face inched closer to hers, their lips locking two seconds after.

Ella opened her eyes as quickly as she could, feeling something running down her cheek. She brought her hand up, wiping whatever it was off.

A tear. She had been crying, remembering the past as if it had just happened. Brendon had been lying all along. He hadn't changed and he wouldn't change. 

Brendon is his own person and would do whatever he wanted until he got what he wanted. Ella took a deep breath in, thinking about what she was going to do.

She certainly wasn't going to be with him and she'd make sure of that, too.