Chapter 6

The next day, Ella was out and about, picking up supplies for her classes she had this afternoon. Instead of going to the store alone, she asked Kamsi to go with her.

"I still don't see why you gave him my beer. Not to mention, he was your psychopath boyfriend from two years back." Ella rolled her eyes, then sighed.

"Well, I offered him something to drink and I just forgot that the beer was yours. I'll buy you some more this weekend." Kamsi chuckled, picking up a pack of mechanical pencils.

"You better." For the rest of the time, the two poked fun at each other and bickered about whether Ella should go to homecoming or not.

As they stood in line, Kamsi continued to annoy Ella with homecoming. "I'm going with Alex and she's already telling me that we have to match. At the moment, I'm struggling to find a pink suit."

Ella laughed as she placed her items on the conveyor belt. "The funny thing is that you have a week to find a pink suit or your girlfriend is going to kill you, Kami." 

Kamsi sighed, leaning onto the mini fridge full of Coca-Cola and other Pepsi products. "I know. I love her to death, but she can be a hassle some times."

Soon, they were all checked out and heading back to Ella's apartment. Driving down the busy road, Ella continued to listen to Kamsi's rant about Brendon and how he took her beer.

"You know, you should let me meet him. I mean, he seems like an interesting cup of tea." Ella glared at Kamsi, punching her on the shoulder playfully.

"I don't think that's a good idea, since I'm not going to be seeing him again." Kamsi furrowed her eyebrows, then placed her head against the cool window.

"What do you mean? It's obvious that the man is still obsessed with you." Ella gripped the steering wheel tightly.

"That's what I'm afraid of."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Richard walked out of his office, a stack of papers in his hands. He smiled at his secretary, who just winked back. "Hello, Richie. How are you doing?"

Richard sighed, his smile fading away. "I'm tired and stressed out about this meeting later today. I just want to see my girlfriend and relax."

His secretary had a sour look on her face when he mentioned his girlfriend. "Well, you need some way to take that stress out, right? Wecould just head to the back-" 

Richard groaned. "Could you stop with wanting to have sex with me, Ashley? For God's sake, have some decency."

Ashley scoffed, then went back to work as Richard walked away. It was just around noon and he would be leaving for lunch in just a few minutes.

Richard placed the papers down in the conference room, on the file cabinet in the corner. After saying a few 'hello' to a few of his employees, Richard walked outside, enjoying the nice fall air.

Just as he was about to get into his car, someone cleared their throat, gaining his attention. Richard turned around, only to see Brendon standing just a few feet away from him.

"Hello, sir. How could I help you?" Brendon smirked, scoffing at Richard's attempt to be a gentleman. 

"I don't need your help with anything. I just need you to cooperate." Richard furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Brendon with a quizzical look on his face.

"I'm not sure I understand-" Before he could finish, Brendon stepped closer, hitting him a couple times on the head with a rock.

Brendon looked down at Richard, a sick grin on his lips. "Don't worry. I'll make sure you understand soon enough."