Chapter 31

"What do you mean some other man touched her?!" Brendon was pacing around the room, breathing heavily.

Ryan shrugged, taking a sip of his water. "She was making her way to her class and I saw a man grab her by the wrist. What else is there for me to tell, Brendon?"

He rolled his eyes, watching as Brendon continued to pace around the room. "Could you stop pacing as well? You're acting like you've never seen a girl with another man before."

Brendon snapped his head to the side, glaring at Ryan. "This is exactly why we were never a thing, Ryan! You keep asking too many questions and just don't seem to understand anything I try to do!"

Ryan scoffed, shaking his head. "Let's not bring our relationship into this one, Bren. We're trying to get you with that girl you're absolutely obsessed with."

Brendon huffed, beginning to pace around the room again. "So, what should I do, Ryan? I feel like I can't protect her."

Ryan sighed, taking another sip of his water. "I've got something, but we're gonna need some help."

~~~~~~~~~~

Ella was up early the next morning, running around her dorm room, making sure everything was nice and tidy.

Today, she had someone coming over, and that someone was named Mike. Ella had met him in her English class last night and they both felt an immediate click.

Just as she finished vacuuming, there was a knock on the door. "Coming!" Ella ran over to the door, unlocking it.

"Hey, Mike." He smiled, showing his pearly white teeth. "Hey, El. May I come in?" Ella nodded, stepping to the side.

"You've got a better dorm room than I have. I'm jealous." They both laughed, then sat down on the couch. 

"Before I get comfortable, would you like something to drink, Mike?" He shrugged. "I'll take a water."

Ella nodded, then went to go get his water. Mike watched as she left, pulling out his phone as quick as he possibly could.

He began to text his boss, letting him know that he had made it into the 'target zone'. Soon, Ella came back, holding two glasses of water.

"Here you go." She handed Mike his glass, then sat back down. "So-" Mike stopped her, shaking his head.

"You already know a bunch about me, since I told you in class last night, El. I wanna get to know more about you."

Ella slowly nodded, sighing. "Well, I was born in Michigan and lived there for the majority of my life. I used to go to Michigan State, but I had to move here due to a...problem."

Mike nodded, knowing about her problem, but acted like he didn't. "Could you tell me a bit more about this problem? It seems kind of interesting how you had to move and all."

Ella bit her lip, thinking about Brendon and what he could be doing right now. "Uh, yeah. I had a neighbor, who just became sort of obsessed with me out of the blue."

"I had no idea why, either. I guess he had just taken a liking to me. Anyway, he kidnapped me and killed my mom and a couple other people I knew. He began to come back into my life and I had no idea what to do, so I moved here."

Mike nodded, loving the details about Brendon he had just gotten. "Wow, that's crazy and messed up."

Ella nodded, nervously picking at her nail polish. "Yeah, it is." As if on cue, Mike got a call, then asked Ella if he could take it.

Once she said yes, Mike left the dorm room, standing in front of the door in the hallway. "I have more details on Brendon Urie and they won't disappoint you, sir."