Chapter 36

Ah, Thanksgiving, one of the most anticipated holidays of the year. Well, it wasn't exactly Thanksgiving, yet. Ella had been preparing her suitcase for her trip back home.

Instead of spending her Thanksgiving in Wisconsin, she decided that it would be best to go home and celebrate it there. 

Not to mention, Brendon was thinking about going home this Thanksgiving as well. But, back to Ella. As she packed her bags, she hummed along to the Christmas songs playing in the background.

While she still thought it was too early for the radio stations to play Christmas songs, Ella enjoyed getting in the holiday spirit a bit early.

Just as she zipped up her bags, Zeke and Amanda, her best friends, made their way into her dorm room. "So, you really are going back home after everything that happened?"

Ella nodded, standing up and began to stretch. "Of course. My dad wanted me to come home and it's better to spend the holidays with your loved ones."

Zeke clutched his chest faking his hurt feelings. "Ouch. Anyway, we wanted to know if you would be back in town before we head out for Disney."

Ella furrowed her eyebrows. "Maybe. It really depends on the day you guys are leaving. Why did you want to know?"

Amanda shrugged. "Well, we were thinking that we could just invite you to come with us. I mean, you're always hanging out by yourself and to be honest, you're worrying us, El."

Ella sighed, shaking her head. "Guys, I've told you a million times that everything that has happened in the past is gone now. There's nothing for me to worry about anymore. I'm perfectly fine."

Amanda pursed her lips, cocking a brow. "Uh-huh, sure." Ella scoffed, rolling her eyes as she pulled her suitcases near her dorm room door.

"I'm done packing, so if you two want to actually hang out, then let's do so. I don't want to be scolded by you two for the next hour or so."

Zeke chuckled. "Alright, and maybe you could tell us a little bit more about this crush you have on the one guy from back home."

Ella blushed, biting her lip. "Maybe I will, maybe I won't. It depends on my mood." In the pit of her stomach, Ella knew that having a crush on Brendon was bad, but she couldn't help it.

Perhaps they were meant to be, which is really what Ella didn't want.