Chapter 58

"Brendon, please don't do what you're about to do. He doesn't deserve it." Brendon rolled his eyes, putting his turn signal on.

He was quite thankful for the invention of Bluetooth, since it saved him from holding the phone to his ear while driving. 

"Ella, he deserves it for messing with you." Ella sniffled, then sighed. "No, he doesn't. Nobody does and I don't understand why you automatically assume that this is ok to do."

Brendon took his right hand off of the steering wheel, hitting his thigh a couple of times. He was growing irritated with the way Ella was acting.

Sadly, he didn't understand that this wasn't the right thing to do. His actions spoke before he could even think about them. "It's perfectly fine to do this, baby. I just have to cover my tracks."

"Cover your tracks? So, what happens when you forget to cover your tracks? You're going to end up back in jail again, and I'm not going to help you."

Brendon pursed his lips, clenching his jaw. "If that's how you feel, I'll just leave you alone." Ella stopped pacing, taking in a shaky breath.

"Bren-" Before she could say anything else, Brendon hung up. He turned the corner, pulling onto a suburban-looking street.

As he looked left and right to find David's house, Brendon noticed how this street differed from the rest of the city. 

Kids were playing kickball in their parents' yard, while others were being scolded by their babysitters because of what they did.

Soon, Brendon arrived at David's house, disgusted by the way it looked. He could tell that this was the cheapest house on the block. 

The white siding was grey with filth, while the windows were blocked by some kind of vines that were growing on the brick walls. The garage door had some of the windows broken and beer bottles lay in the dying grass.

Brendon almost gagged, but realized that he had a job to do. He looked in the back of his car for his pocket knife. Once he found it, he felt his heart beat faster.

This was his favorite part of protecting Ella. He loved the way the blood of his victim slowly trickled down his hands. 

He chuckled, then got out of the car, slamming the door.  The kids that had been playing kickball looked over at him, then ran into their houses.

Brendon smirked, cracking his knuckles. As he began to make his way up the cracked sidewalk, Brendon watched as the curtain in the little window upstairs moved.

The smirk on his lips twitched as Brendon let out a little snicker. He soon stood on the front doorstep, his knuckles meeting the wood a couple times.

The sound of a bunch of locks unlocking filled Brendon's ears. The door opened, revealing David. He wore a dirty shirt, along with ripped jeans.

"Hey, man. What can I do you for?" Brendon rolled his eyes. "Hello. My name's Brendon Urie and my girlfriend told me that you accused her of causing her ex's death."

David chuckled, showing his crooked teeth. "Oh, you mean Ella? There's no doubt that she was the cause. Richard drank every time he saw her with another man and that's how he died."

Brendon nodded, knowing how Richard actually died. "Yeah, I'm not buying it. Anyway, may I come in?"

David squinted his eyes as if he were trying to look for what Brendon was hiding. "Sure." He stepped to the side, watching Brendon carefully.

In his other hand, Brendon pulled out his knife, popping it open. As he made his way inside, he quickly turned around, sticking the knife into David's side.

A blood-curdling scream sounded down the whole block, but none of the neighbors were home, except for the babysitters and their kids.

David clutched his side, falling to the floor. Brendon kicked his side, then dragged him out of the doorway, so he could close the door.

As he did that, David did his best to get back on his feet, but failed miserably. Brendon turned his attention back to him, kicking him in his side again, so that he was laying on the ground.

Moving above him, Brendon placed one hand on the side of his head and the other one on his neck. "You know, I usually like a little more blood, but I'm not in the mood to clean up the mess."

And with that, Brendon snapped David's neck, watching as his eyes rolled to the back of his head. He sighed, not getting too much satisfaction with that.

"Another one down. Now, I need to focus on Luke and Karen, then get rid of them for good."