Chapter 20

Ella groaned, waking up on the wrong side of the bed. She sat up, pushing some of her hair down, then pulled it up in a messy bun.

Yesterday, she had a hard time sleeping since she felt conflicted on the Brendon subject. Half of her wanted to give him a chance and be with him, but the other half didn't.

As Ella sat in bed, her phone buzzed a couple times, and there was a knock on the door. She rolled her eyes, ignoring her phone, making her way to the front door.

Ella opened the door, a smile on her face when she saw it was her dad. "Hey, sweetheart. Sorry, to stop by so early. I just wanted to check and see if you were ok."

Ella nodded, her eyes looking at his arms, seeing all the scars from two years ago. She sighed, looking back into his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm ok. I'm sorry, that I had to leave early a couple days ago. One of my friends were in a serious bind." Luke nodded, stepping inside when she stepped to the side.  

Ella wasn't ready to tell him that Brendon was back in their lives, afraid that he would try to move them away from him. Ella's heart fluttered when she thought of Brendon.

Shaking off the feeling, Ella absent-mindedly listened to her dad talk about his new job and Karen.

She wondered why Brendon had been on her mind lately, and why she began to start having feelings towards him. 

Ella snapped out of it when her dad snapped his fingers in front of her eyes. "Hey, are you feeling alright, sweetheart?" 

That nickname sounded better to her when Brendon called her that. It didn't suit her dad when he called her that.

"Uh, yeah. I'm just...tired is all." Luke nodded, bringing her in for a hug. "I'm going to head out, El. Please, call me if anything comes up."

She nodded, watching as her dad made his way out of her apartment. Once the door closed behind him, Ella sat down on the couch, hiding her face in her hands.

What was happening to her? She wanted to snap out of whatever nightmare this was. That's when Ella remembered that her phone was going crazy.

Quickly, Ella made her way back to her room, grabbing her phone off of the night stand. Putting in the pass code, Ella's heart began to beat faster at who texted her. Brendon.

Her eyes began to dart back and forth, reading every text message he had sent. In the last message, every word cut her like a knife.

Brendon had found someone new and Ella's heart was shattered, yet she wasn't upset to the point where she would cry about it.

She slammed her phone back down on the night stand, then walked into the bathroom, beginning to get ready for her day.

Little did Ella know, this is the reaction Brendon wanted her to have.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kamsi shivered at the cool metal grazing against her skin, watching Brendon as he carefully traced the blade along her jawline.

 Brendon slowly dragged the knife along her skin, a sick smile on his face as he began to press down. Kamsi gasped, feeling as her blood began to drip down her neck.

"P-Please, s-stop." Brendon pulled the knife away, looking into Kamsi's eyes. Her eyes were not even close to being as pretty as Ella's. God, how he missed seeing her face.

He was disgusted by Kamsi's looks, but he realized that everyone was beautiful in their own way. As much as he didn't want to say this, he had to in order for everything to fall into place.

"I'll stop, but you'll have to agree to this plan." Kamsi gulped, slowly nodding. 

"You are going to act as if we are in love and when I came back yesterday, you told me that Ella is going to a party this weekend. So, I thought, why not make her jealous and go to the party with her best friend."

Kamsi hated the idea of betraying her friend, but at the moment all she wanted was to be safe and far away from him.

"I-I'll do it." Brendon smirked, cracking his knuckles.

"Great. Let's untie you then." He began to untie the ropes, making her feel relieved that she would be going home.

Brendon stopped untying her legs, then looked up at her. "Oh, and if you say a damn word about this to Ella, you'll be wishing you were dead."