Chapter 34

"So, explain to me why we're killing this guy. I mean, we don't even know who he is." Brendon looked back at Ryan, hating the fact that he had to know every single detail about everything.

Sighing, Brendon stopped eating, then closed his eyes. "We're going to kill him because he's a threat, Ryan. I thought that was clear." Ryan rolled his eyes.

"You wish it was clear. Anyway, why is he a threat? He just touched Ella. That's all." Brendon choked on his beer, stifling his little coughing fit to the best of his abilities.

"This guy is up to something, Ry. He told me to be ready for something." Ryan pursed his lips, stabbing at his salad with a fork.

"Well, that sounds extremely cliché. Plus, don't you still have to plan out your whole design for him? You haven't even finished your most recent doll."

Brendon's eyes widened. "Could you keep it down? The last thing I would want is for the cops to hear that I'm back to my old habits. I should've done this with Spencer."

Ryan chuckled, shoving a bit of his salad in his mouth. "Spencer couldn't go through a haunted house, so what makes you think that he could do any of this with you?"

Brendon rolled his eyes, knowing that Ryan had a really good point. "I shouldn't have called you, Ryan. Let's just put it that way."

~~~~~~~~

After class, Ella packed up her things as quickly as possible. There was no doubt that Mike was doing something and she didn't want to be apart of it.

As she slung her backpack strap over her shoulder, Ella began to walk out of the class, only to be stopped just as she was about to walk out the door.

"Ella, may I speak to you for a moment?" She looked at her professor, nodding. "Of course, sir."

They waited as the last kid cleared the room, then began to get on with the conversation. "So, I've heard that you were caught in some trouble back in your home town."

She nodded, the beads of sweat already beginning to form. "Well, do you happen to know where Brendon Urie is at the moment?"

Ella furrowed her eyebrows. "No, I don't. Why are you asking?" He sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"Well, it appears that he is on the run from the Michigan State police. He was claimed to be bailed out, but that was all a set up."

"What do you mean by that?" Ella's professor leaned forward, folding his hands on the desk. The build up began to slowly make Ella anxious.

"I mean that Brendon Urie has escaped prison. He's a wanted man."