Chapter 22

Brendon took another look at Ella, taking in how breathtaking she looked. He eyed the alcohol sitting on the table behind her, then walked past her to get some. 

As he poured himself a glass of beer, he could tell that Ella was feeling uneasy. "Brendon, I asked you a question. Why are you here?"

He turned around, taking a sip of his beer. "If you want me to be honest, I came here to see you." Ella furrowed her eyebrows, a bit skeptical as to why he was actually here.

"Why would you come here to see me? I thought you found your special someone already." Brendon was beginning to grow frustrated with her, but he had to hold on.

He looked into her eyes, nodding. "I did. I was looking for you, so you could meet her." Ella nodded, then looked around, not seeing his lover anywhere near him. 

 Brendon began looking for Kamsi, finding her near the stairs, where she just kept to herself. She made eye contact with Brendon, then rolled her eyes when she saw him signal her over.

When Kamsi walked into view, Ella immediately realized that she was the one who was seeing Brendon. Her heart broke as she watched Brendon wrap his arm around Kamsi's shoulders.

"So, I'm pretty sure you two have already met, but Ella, this is Kamsi." Ella pursed her lips. She was upset that Kamsi never told her about this. Then again, this was probably the reason why she didn't talk to her for a while.

"Uh, yeah, we have met. If you'll excuse me, I have to go talk to Jessica about something." Brendon nodded, happy that his plan was working.

Ella walked away, rolling her eyes as 'Lover' played on the speakers. Jessica was standing next to two other girls, who were also Ella's friends.

Jessica looked over at Ella, a smile on her face. "Hey, El! What's up?" Ella gave her a weak smile, feeling like she should curl up into a ball.

"Oh, I just found out that Kamsi is with Brendon." Jessica gasped, covering her mouth with her recently manicured hands.

"I can't believe she didn't tell you! She told us almost a week ago." Ella bit her lip, setting her drink down on the table beside them.

"I'm not feeling well. I-I think I'm going to head out." Ella began to make her way to the front door, pushing through the crowd of drunk adults. 

Brendon watched as she did this, upset that she actually was going to leave. He began making his way over to her.

"Ella!" She looked back, seeing Brendon pushing through the crowd.  Ella shook her head, then made her way outside.

Brendon began to push harder, quickly making his way out the door. Ella was already walking towards her apartment. He quickly ran over to her, grabbing her arm.

"Ella, wait." She pulled her arm out of his grip. "Listen, Brendon. I want to go home, so let me go." That only made him grab her arm again. His heart broke at how upset she looked.

"Ella, I need to tell you some-" She shook her head, looking down at the ground, tears running down her face.

"I don't care what you have to say. My best friend, Brendon. You really got with her to mess with me, huh? Well, just telling you this now, it worked. Have fun with her."

Ella pulled her arm out of his grip again, then walked away from him. Brendon was upset with himself, but he knew now what he had to do.

Or so he thought...