Chapter 32

Ella turned her head, watching as Mike closed her dorm room door behind him. "Sorry, my boss was just wondering if I could come into work tomorrow."

Ella shook her head. "Don't worry about it. We all have to take calls." Mike chuckled, then sat back down next to Ella.

The two sat there, not talking to each other for a few minutes, watching the tv. When Ella wasn't looking, Mike turned towards her, pulling her closer to him. 

His boss had told him to do his best to get as close to Brendon as possible and the best way to do that was to get with Ella.

Ella felt Mike's arm snake around her waist, then looked down with a blush rising to her cheeks. "M-Mike, what are you-" He shushed her, still pulling her close.

Once they were about an inch away from each other, Mike put his forehead against hers, closing his eyes. "I've liked you ever since I saw you, Ella."

That's when Ella's instincts came in. Instead of remaining in this position, she pushed herself away, standing up.

"Mike, I-I can't say the same. I like you, but as a friend." Mike furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms.

"There's another reason, Ella. Tell me."

Ella sucked in a deep breath, looking at the floor. "I-I think I like Brendon."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking around the streets of Madison, Brendon found himself walking past Ella's college. He was wasting time waiting for Ryan.

Brendon was supposed to meet up with him at Mac's, a restaurant somewhere near the campus, but he found himself just wandering around.

As he stood there looking at the gates, he thought about Ella. He snapped out of his thoughts when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

Brendon rolled his eyes, then pulled out his phone, answering Ryan's call. "Hello? Yeah, yeah I'm coming, Ryan."

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a man wearing his hood, staring at him. "Uh, Ryan, I'm gonna have to call you back. I'll see you at the restaurant."