Chapter 72

As the weeks went by, Ella found herself liking it at Brendon's place. She had been taking her online college courses after getting permission from her professors, of course.

Sipping on her tea, she began to type up her essay as she waited for Brendon to return home. His killings and torturing people had been rare lately and Ella had a feeling that it was because of her.

Honestly, it seemed like this was the normal life that she wanted to live. Taking another sip of her tea, Ella sighed, then turned her head to see Brendon walking into the house.

"Hello, doll." He tugged at his tie, then hung up his car keys. "Sorry, I'm late. The boss had me running from building to building today. There was a major fuck up in the factory portion."

Ella smiled, then stood up, wrapping her arms around Brendon's torso. "It's alright. It happens to the best of us." She giggled as he planted a kiss on her forehead.

Everything had felt right in that moment. Brendon smiled as he rested his head on top of hers. This was all he ever wanted and even though it had been a few weeks, he was going to pop the question tonight.

Brendon nervously clutched his pocket, relieved to feel the box in there. "I hope you didn't forget about our date tonight. I picked out a special restaurant just for you."

Ella smiled, then playfully punched Brendon's shoulder. "I told you not to book a fancy dinner. We could've just gone to McDonald's or something."

Brendon rolled his eyes, not wanting to hear it. "Oh, well. Please, just know that I'm doing this all for you."

These words replayed in Ella's mind, her heart fluttering. If you asked her what had happened to her strong feelings towards Brendon a couple weeks ago, she wouldn't know what to say.

It was as if her hate had been pushed deep down into her heart. Not to mention, Ella thought about what her mother had said. 

'It's never alright to hate someone, but you can dislike them. Hate is a strong word.'

Brendon looked into her eyes, his heart beating a little faster. "The reservation is at eight. I wanted to make sure that you had enough time to finish your essay."

Ella softly smiled, Brendon's small decision making her happy. "Thank you, Bren. I'm almost done, so as soon as I finish, I'll get ready."

Brendon nodded, taking a deep breath in. "I have to finish some of the typed reports for my boss that are due tomorrow."

Ella nodded, then headed back to her spot on the couch, picking up the laptop. As the time went on, she had a small internal battle with herself.

'You shouldn't be doing this, Ella. What would your parents say? They would want you to run away from him. He's crazy!'

Ella knew that her mind was in the right place, but it was her heart that had been taking control. Not to mention, she loved Brendon and his company.

Everything was right to her.