Chapter 13

As soon as Ella got home to her apartment, she instantly laid down on the couch. She was tired from meeting Karen and having all this stress built up all because of Brendon.

Not to mention, Ella knew that at any minute, Brendon would be here just to talk about how she stood him up, even when she told him that she had a valid reason.

She sat up, rubbing her tired eyes, wanting to go back to the easier times. Just as she was about to get up and make herself some tea, there was a knock at th door.

Ella rolled her eyes, cursing under her breath. "I wonder who that could be." As soon as she opened the door, Brendon pushed his way inside, grinning like a mad man.

"Is there a real good reason as to why you're here at-" She looked at the clock, then sighed. "Seven thirty at night?"

Brendon nodded, pulling out his phone. "While Richard and I were at the club, something happened, and I thought that you should be the first one to know."

Ella narrowed her eyes as she looked at the video, waiting for whatever it was Brendon was talking about. It didn't take too long for the video to play it back and Ella was clearly upset by what she saw.

Her heart shattered and she had realized that what Brendon had said to her the other night was true. The rich men always play the poor woman.

Tears slowly fell down her cheeks as she continuously watched the video over and over again, not wanting any of it to be real.

"I-I can't believe it. After all this time, I thought Richard was different from the stereotypical bussiness man, but I-I was wrong."

Brendon grinned from ear to ear, knowing that his plan would only get easier from here on out. Ella would be like putty in his hands once he was done convincing her that she was indeed his.

"I'm sorry, that you had to find out this way, Ella. I just thought I would let you know what Richard does behind your back."

She slowly nodded, looking down at the floor. Ella took a deep breath in, then looked up at Brendon with tears still spilling out of her eyes.

"What do I do now, Brendon? I-I feel like I've been lied to throughout our entire relationship." Brendon sighed, trying his best to play this out.

"Break up with him, princess. There could've been other girls he's been with while you were at home studying. Do what's best for you."

Ella nodded, playing with her thumbs. Brendon sighed, beginning to walk to the door. "I'll leave you alone to process all of this. Promise me that you'll call me, if something goes wrong."

Ella shook her head, looking into Brendon's eyes once again. "C-Can you stay? I don't think I could be alone after that."

Brendon softly smiled, then nodded, closing the door. "Of course, I can. Do you need anything?" Ella shook her head, then sat back down on the couch, Brendon following after her.

They sat there, watching Deadpool, laughing at the jokes he made. Once the movie was over, Brendon looked over at Ella, only to see that she was looking at him.

As if some invisible force were doing it, Ella and Brendon both leaned in for a kiss. Brendon's heart skipped a beat, knowing that what he had worked hard for was coming true.

Just as their lips were about to touch, Richard rushed into Ella's apartment, making the duo turn to look at him.

"Ella, let me explain, please."