Chapter 19

Ella began to get frustrated. She hated that Brendon could always take advantage of her only because she was weak and her feelings were as fragile as glass.

As Brendon led her back over to the couch, Ella stopped all movement, making Brendon look back at her. He furrowed his eyebrows, beginning to get upset.

"Could you start walking, sweetheart? I don't want to wait any longer. I miss the taste of your lips, babe."

Ella shook her head, glaring at him. "I don't have to do a damn thing with you. I'll give you a choice, Brendon. You can leave my apartment right now or I can call the police and have you put behind bars for what you did."

Brendon chuckled, shaking his head, letting go of her wrist. "What evidence do you have of me killing your ex?" Ella crossed her arms, huffing.

"There were people working around the building that night, right? Plus, I know that Richard was never the hard drinker. He only drinks when he's at a club or a party."

Brendon clenched his jaw, trying to think of a plan. He didn't want to leave, but he knew that he didn't want to go back to the hell-hole that's almost four hours away from her.

He sighed, placing his hands in the air in a fake surrender. "Fine, I'll leave, but don't think this is over, Ella. I still love you and will find a way to win your heart over."

She pursed her lips, watching as he inched towards the door. "Mhm, sure. Maybe I should get a restraining order or something. That way, I won't have to worry about you coming in and out of my life anymore."

With that, Brendon grunted, slamming the door behind him. He wasn't going to give up just yet. In fact, Brendon has another plan in mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Brendon sat at his desk, his glasses sliding off of his nose a little bit as he focused on what he was writing. While he was locked up, he had realized that writing seemed to help get his feelings out.

'I hope you are happy now,

thinking that you are safe and sound.

I am drowning, 

And there is no land,

You are coming down with me,

Hand in a lovable hand.'

Brendon sighed, looking at his work, trying to understand what his heart really wanted. Ella had beaten him up and no matter how many times he said that it didn't matter, he never meant it.

His hatred had built up inside of him as well, wanting to hurt Ella in a way that his heart didn't. Brendon was so used to getting rejected, but he knew that there was only one way to getting Ella's heart.

Brendon stood up, stretching his back, listening to the light thumping coming from the corner of the room. He rolled his eyes, glaring at the tied up girl.

"Could you stop acting like I'm going to kill you?! Jesus, I thought I told you that if Ella doesn't cooperate, then I'll have to hurt you."

Brendon ran a hand through his hair, watching as Kamsi continued to struggle against the tight rope.

"You know, I wish your friend wasn't stubborn. I wish she would just realize that I'm someone who loves her deeply and simply can't let her go."

Brendon began to get frustrated, throwing his notebooks and papers on the floor. He was seeing red, his hatred rising.

"I want to hurt her! I want to love her! I want her to be my everything and only my everything! Ella belongs to me goddamnit!"

He walked closer to Kamsi, causing her to stop all her movements. Brendon leaned down, looking into the scared eyes of Kamsi, wanting to let her go.

"Maybe you can help me win her heart over. I mean, you know how much Ella means to me, right?" Kamsi nodded her head quickly, not wanting to get hurt.

Brendon smirked, chuckling at how bad she wanted to make it out alive. Without a warning, Brendon ripped the duct tape off of her mouth, causing Kamsi to wince.

"Do you have any advice for me, sweetie, or should I just go grab one of my knives?"

Kamsi's body shivered, the thought of a knife digging into her skin terrifying her. "I-I h-have some a-advice."

Brendon's smirk grew larger, loving the power he had over her. "Would you like to share it with me?"

Kamsi slowly nodded, taking a deep breath. "Y-You can j-just stop t-trying to take a-advantage of h-her. S-She is still a-afraid of you, B-Brendon."

He rolled his eyes, the information not being enough for him. "Tell me, Kamsi, does she ever talk about me?"

She hesitantly nodded, making Brendon eager to know what Ella had said about him. "Ella l-likes you. She said t-that if y-you weren't so c-controlling, then s-she would like t-to be with you."

Brendon pursed his lips, then stood up, looking down at her. "Thanks, but I don't think any of that was truly helpful for me. I'm just going to go with plan B and see how that plays out."

Kamsi watched as Brendon began to walk out of the room, desperately wanting to ask him if he could let her go.

As if knowing what she wanted to say, Brendon turned his head, a smirk on his lips. "Oh, I won't be letting you go until plan B has gone into full effect. I wouldn't want you telling Ella about what we talked about."

Kamsi began to cry again, knowing that she would never be free again. Brendon closed his office door, chuckling.

"I'm going to win this game. I'll do better than I did last time and make sure to cover my tracks."

MEANING OF THE POEM ABOVE: Brendon reflects on when Ella tells him to leave her alone, the thought of the restraining order breaking his heart. 

Just because Ella thinks that she is safe and sound, that doesn't mean Brendon won't leave her alone.

He says that he is drowning because his love for her is only growing stronger and stronger, yet she continues to ignore it all. 

His love for her is as large and deep as an ocean and the land that is not in sight plays the role of him thinking that he will never recover from his love for her.

When he says that he is going down and that Ella is coming with him, he wants to let her know that whatever happens to him, he will still think about her and keep her near and dear to his heart.

The 'hand in lovable hand' part contributes to the poem by stating that when it's all over, Ella will finally accept Brendon's love for her.

I hope that helped you all, if you were confused. If you have any other questions or concerns, then feel free to comment or PM me!