Chapter 53

"While you may love me, why do I get the feeling that you're going to kill me?" Brendon cracked a smile, shaking his head. "I never even thought about killing you."

Ella pursed her lips and nodded, feeling a wave of reassurance wash over her. The barista walked over to their table, handing Ella her drink. Ella said a quick 'thank you', then took a sip of her hot mocha.

She sighed with content while Brendon just watched. Ella cleared her throat, then went to put her drink down, but Brendon snatched it from her. "What did you get, baby?"

Ella rolled her eyes, then began to try to get her drink back. "I got a peppermint mocha." Brendon laughed as she tried to get her drink back, pulling it away to the point where she was on top of the table.

"I'll give it back, Ella. Just let me have a sip." Ella pushed her hair behind her ear, then huffed. "Fine." Brendon chuckled, then brought the cup up to his lips, taking a long sip.

When he was done, he handed the drink back to her. "So, I was thinking that we could maybe go on a date, if you're alright with that."

Ella choked on her drink, but covered it with a smile. "I'm assuming that if I say no, you're going to keep trying."

Brendon smiled, resting his head on the palm of his hand. "You know me so well."

~~~~~~~~~

There they were, sitting in the middle of the restaurant, looking at their menus. Ella had some second thoughts about this date, but was actually enjoying it so far.

Brendon lowered his menu, a smile plastered on his face. "Do you know what you're going to order?" Ella nodded, folding up her menu.

"Yes, and I'm chipping in for the bill, Brendon. Don't try to talk me out of this one." Brendon rolled his eyes, then looked back down at his menu.

"That's what you think, so I'll let you believe that." Ella giggled, making the smile on Brendon's face grow even bigger. 

"God, I love it when you smile. I may sound cheesy for saying it, but I do mean it. You're beautiful, Ella." She blushed, covering her face with her hands.

Brendon chuckled, pulling her hands away from her face. "Don't hide, baby. I just told you that you're beautiful."

For the rest of the night, Brendon was the one who told the horrible jokes, while Ella struggled to not laugh at them.

The duo were now walking out of the restaurant hand in hand with smiles on their lips. "You know, I really had a good time tonight, Brendon. Maybe we could-"

Brendon pressed his finger up to her lips. "I was thinking that maybe we could take this back to your place." Without even thinking, Ella nodded. Brendon smiled greedily, then pulled her to his car.

"I love you, Ella."