Chapter 38

Ella's heart pounded against her rib cage as she looked into those chocolate eyes she thought she would never see again. 

"Why are you really here?" Brendon huffed, leaning on the brick wall. "I miss you, Ella. I miss you and your touch. I wish it wasn't like that, but I-I can't help it."

She furrowed her eyebrows, then looked at the clock. It had only been a few minutes since her dad left. "Well, I suppose you can come in. We just have to be careful in case my dad comes home from his date early."

Brendon softly smiled, then made his way inside, shrugging his coat off of his shoulders. After he placed his coat on the back of the couch, he began looking around, feeling guilty of what he had done in the past.

"So, I heard you're in college. What's that like?" Ella rolled her eyes. "Don't make small talk, Brendon. I thought you came here to talk to me."

Brendon sighed, stopping in the middle of the living room. He bit his lip, then looked into Ella's crystal-like eyes. "I'm afraid that if I say something, I'm gonna want to kiss you."

Ella gasped, feeling Brendon's arm move around her waist. He pulled her closer, then rested his forehead on hers. Brendon took a deep breath in, inhaling her scent.

He closed his eyes, remembering the times that they were close before. If you told Brendon that he would be next to the love of his life at this time a couple of days ago, he would've thought you were joking.

Ella enjoyed Brendon's presence, but hated to admit it. She still didn't like the fact that she had feelings for the man that killed her own mother.

When Brendon opened his eyes, he met Ella's eyes once again. He had noticed that Ella had grown up just a bit. Her face a bit more mature and her widened hips, along with her curves.

That wasn't what mattered to him the most, though. Brendon loved Ella as a whole and hated sharing her with other men. 

He broke away from her, bringing his right hand to the side of her face. Brendon got lost in her eyes and all her features, but he wasn't complaining.

"I love you, Ella. I know that you don't love me back, so don't try to feel bad for me or let me down. Let me have my moment."

Before she could say anything, Brendon's lips found their way onto hers, sparks immediately flying. He pulled her closer, pressing her body against his.

As he deepened the kiss, the front door swung open. Luke and Karen stood in the doorway, shocked to see what was happening. 

"What the hell?!"