Chapter 73

Ella finished curling her hair, slipping on her dress. As she looked at herself in the mirror, she sighed. Ella knew that her parents wouldn't approve of this, but this was what she wanted.

Once she was sure that she had everything, Ella made her way to the stairs. Brendon had been waiting for her, checking to see if the ring was in his pocket every two seconds. 

He smiled when he saw her. Brendon bit his lip, beginning to walk up the stairs, meeting her half way. "You look beautiful, darling." Ella smiled, a blush rising to her cheeks.

"Thank you. May I say that you don't look too bad yourself." Brendon chuckled, leaning in to place a kiss on her lips. "We better get going. I don't want to be late for our reservations."

Ella nodded, placing her hand in Brendon's as he made his way out to his car. On the way there, Ella continued her internal battle with herself.

Everything she did, her mind kept telling her that she was in the wrong and that she shouldn't be feeling this way towards Brendon. Her heart, on the other hand, told her different.

Sighing, she leaned up against the window, causing Brendon to look over at her. "Everything alright, sweetheart?" She nodded, looking at the raindrops on the window.

"I'm fine. I've been thinking about my essay. That's all." Brendon nodded, placing a reassuring hand on her knee.

As soon as they arrived, Ella looked up at the sign,, reading the cursive words. They were at an Italian place called Maggiano's. 

Brendon got out of the car, jogging over to the other side to open Ella's door. Ella thanked him and got out of the car, holding his hand as they walked in.

Brendon walked up to the counter, smiling at the host. "Table for two, please." The host looked up at him with a disgusted look. "Name, please?"

"Urie." The host nodded, grabbing two menus as he led the way to the table. Ella grabbed Brendon's hand, smiling as she knew that tonight was going to be a good night.

~~~~~~

Brendon chuckled at a joke Ella had told, taking the last bite of his salad. "I really enjoyed tonight, Brendon. Thank you, for everything."

Brendon nodded, reaching over the table to grab Ella's hands. "Of course, darling. You know that I would do anything for you."

Ella blushed, looking down at her feet. Brendon bit his lip, taking this moment to check and see if the ring was still in his pocket. He sighed with relief when he felt the box.

"Ella," She looked up at him, "I've been wanting to say something ever since I met you." Brendon got down on one knee, pulling the box out of his pocket.

"Ever since I saw you, I knew that you were the one. While you may not have liked me at first and probably still don't, I can't help but love you more than anything in this world."

"I can't see myself standing next to anyone else in the future, except for you. So, Ella, would you do me the honor and marry me?"

Ella brought her hands up to her face, covering her mouth as tears began to fall. She bit her lip, noticing all the stares coming from everyone in the restaurant.

"Brendon, I..."