Chapter 59

As Brendon drove back to Ella's dorm, he couldn't stop thinking about their last conversation. He hated that Ella couldn't see why he did what he did. That's all he wanted her to see.

Brendon hoped that after what he had just done, Ella would change her mind on everything. He pictured it in his mind. She would run into his arms, hugging him tightly.

Ella would looked up into his eyes, then smile, saying that she finally realized the whole point to Brendon's plan. Brendon bit his lip, imagining their future again.

The wedding day would be perfect as everything else would be. Brendon sighed, running a hand through his hair. Even though he wanted all of this, Brendon never knew what Ella truly wanted.

All Brendon wanted was someone to love, but he had been having second thoughts on Ella. He would push those thoughts to the back of his head, trying to fight himself.

Maybe it was time to let go.

At the stoplight, Brendon turned into the left turn lane, going completely off course from Ella's dorm. He had to prove that Ella was the one.

First off, he was the one clearing all the obstacles out of the way for their love, so why wouldn't Ella be the one? Maybe because she only cared about herself.

Brendon clutched the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white. "Knock it off, Brendon. Ella is the one and she will always be."

Instead of going to her dorm, Brendon decided that he would stay the night at Ryan's since he didn't have anywhere else to go.

~~~~~~

"Damn, I thought I got rid of you for good, but I guess not." Brendon rolled his eyes, catching the spare sheets Ryan had tossed him.

"I just need to clear my mind tonight, Ry. I need to make sure that I'm mentally stable before I go back to her." Ryan chuckled, shaking his head as he led Brendon to the spare room.

"Are you sure that you're not gonna stay a couple months, then? I mean, you're far from stable." Brendon pursed his lips, his hand twitching. He had wanted to punch him right then and there, but he couldn't.

Brendon had to hold back.

"Haha. Anyway, I know where the room is. You can just go back to jacking off to the old pictures of me." Ryan rolled his eyes, crossing his arms.

"You wish it was you. Anyway, I'll see you in the morning, Brenny."

Brendon took a deep breath, stepping into the room. He immediately slammed the door behind him, then tossed the sheets onto the bed. 

Wiping his eyes with the palms of his hands, Brendon made his way into the guest bathroom, switching on the lights.

He turned on the water, looking at himself in the mirror. There were bags under his eyes, but they were barely noticeable, yet still there.

His thoughts had been getting to him and he had to keep reminding himself that Ella said that she would be with him after college. A smile found it's way onto his lips.

She was his and his mind kept wanting to deny it. Brendon ran his hands under the cool water, still looking at himself in the mirror. 

When he looked down at his hands, he saw a crimson red substance on them. Brendon jumped back, his heart beat picking up.

He flipped his hands, seeing that there was blood on the back of them as well. His eyes widened as he realized that the blood was from his victims. The people he had killed for Ella.

Brendon calmed down a bit, his eyes still wide, but not with fear. He found his body starting to relax as he looked at the substance.

The blood soon started to reassure him of something, but he didn't know what. The water still ran, which was the last thing Brendon was concerned about.

He slowly walked forward, pressing his fingers onto the mirror. The smile he had earlier had returned, except a sicker meaning hid behind it.

His fingers swirled all around the mirror, painting a message for whoever to discover. This was the old Brendon and he swore on that night that he wouldn't ever change again.