Chapter 65

Ella quickly walked into Luke's room, seeing the oxygen mask over his mouth. She gasped, then ran over to him, praying that he was going to pull through this.

His chest slowly rose, then fell as he breathed out. Ella pulled up one of the chairs that had sat against the wall. When Ella turned around, she took a look at the heart rate monitor and saw that it had flat lined.

At first, she couldn't process what had just happened, but she soon realized that her dad had left her. Ella stopped moving the chair and fell to her knees, tears rolling down her cheeks as she cried for help.

"Help! Somebody help, please!" After what felt like hours, a nurse finally came in and saw the scene in front of her. The nurse's heart dropped as she had realized that the patient's child had seen him go.

Walking over to Ella, the nurse placed a hand on her shoulder. Ella looked up at the nurse, her bloodshot eyes glaring into her hazel ones.

"Sweetheart, could you step outside for a moment? As soon as I call for a doctor, we'll have to investigate to see what caused him to-"

Ella shook her head, then placed her hand on Luke's arm. "No. H-He's not gone. H-He can't be." The nurse bit her lip, then sighed.

"I'm sorry, but he is. You'll have to leave for a few minutes to allow the doctor to inspect what happened."

Ella pursed her lips and nodded, wiping the tears off of her cheeks. As she walked out of the room, she pulled out her phone.

Ella looked for Brendon's contact, the anger boiling up inside of her. Once she found it, Ella pressed the 'call' button, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

"I can't believe you did what you did, Brendon! Y-You killed him! You strangled him!" 

Brendon furrowed his eyebrows, turning down the next street. 

"What do you mean? Who did I kill?"

Ella sniffled, then took a deep breath in.

"You killed my dad, Brendon! And you pretended to be his son just to do it. I thought I could trust you. I'm stupid for loving you."

And with that, Ella hung up the phone, leaving Brendon confused. He didn't understand how he could've killed Luke.

Sure, he was close to dying when he was strangling him, but he didn't think that he would die due to that. 

Either way, Brendon was happy. Luke was out of the way and that meant that Ella was all alone. She was broken and wouldn't really think now.

Brendon smirked, making his way back to Ella's dorm. He was going to confront her and lay down some of the things he had planned.