Chapter 42

The next night, Brendon made his way over to Luke's house, stuffing his hands into his coat pockets. He cursed the cold Midwest, hating the cold weather that had just arrived last month.

Brendon had thought about his first plan, which was the draft he got rid of. His new plan still involved the gun powder and the matches, except this would also involve a can of gasoline.

Spencer was on his way over with the gasoline, making Brendon wait longer in the cold. He sighed, looked at his watch. It was early in the morning and he would rather be sleeping. Brendon shook his head, reminding himself that this was all for Ella.

Knowing her, though, she would not support any of this. Hell, she wouldn't want any of this to even happen. Brendon chuckled to himself, thinking about how she didn't get a say in any of this.

It was only a matter of time before Spencer pulled up, hopping out of the car with the gasoline can. "They didn't have the big ones, so I bought a couple." Brendon nodded, then looked at the house.

"Alright, so here's the plan. We're gonna take the gasoline and connect their garden hose to the can. We'll spray the whole house with gasoline, then I'll find a way inside. I'll spread the gun powder around the house."

Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, crossing his arms. "What's the whole point of the gun powder, if we're spraying the house with gasoline and lighting it on fire?"

Brendon chuckled, a smirk tugging at his lips. "I told you, Spence. I want them to go out with a bang." Spencer's eyes widened, but he soon nodded his head, liking the idea.

"Wait, don't you need black powder? Cause normal gunpowder isn't too explosive." Brendon rolled his eyes, pulling the black powder out of his coat pocket.

"Yes, Spencer. I have the black powder." He sighed, then looked at all the supplies they had. "Let's get this started shall we?"

~~~~~~~~~

Later that evening....

Brendon and Spencer watched as the house blew up into tiny pieces, Karen and Luke going with it. Brendon smirked, thinking about how everyone was out of his way from getting Ella.

He closed his eyes, dreaming of the life that they would have together. Although he would still make his dolls, he would want to have kids with Ella and settle down far away from everyone.

Brendon snapped out of his dream when he felt Spencer shaking him. "Dude, we have to get out of here before the cops come. Someone already called them!"

Brendon cursed under his breath, then ran to Spencer's truck. As they drove off, Brendon couldn't stop thinking about how he got rid of Luke, his main threat. He finally felt at peace with himself and the voices that had been telling him to do all of the damage he had done.