Chapter 40

Ella was back upstairs in her room, remembering what Brendon's lips felt like on hers. She hated that her dad kicked him out. It wasn't something he had to do.

Luke was downstairs with Karen, telling her all about Brendon and what he had done in the past. "He killed my ex wife and he just thinks he can come back in here and kiss my daughter?! I think not!"

Karen walked over to him, placing a hand on his upper arm. "Sweetheart, its obvious he's changed. You can't just work yourself up over this."

Luke shrugged her hand off, scoffing. "Really? You think that the cold-blooded murderer changed?! Something must be wrong then."

As Karen tried to console Luke, Ella heard everything. She hated how her hormones got in the way and made her kiss him back. Brendon was a cold-hearted murderer.

Ella sighed, then laid back on her bed. As she did her best to get comfortable, something hit the window. She looked over, sitting back up. Ella watched as a couple pebbles it her window.

She furrowed her eyebrows, then walked over to see who was throwing the pebbles at the glass. When Ella opened the window, she looked down and saw Brendon standing behind her dad's car.

"Brendon? What are you doing here? My dad's gonna see you and you're gonna have the cops called on you." He shrugged, a smirk tugging at his lips.

"I missed you, baby. Now, if you can sneak me inside, we can continue this chat of ours." Ella rolled her eyes, then sighed.

"There's a tree on the side of the house. If you climb up that, you can get through my dad's window. I'll make sure he doesn't come up and see you." 

Brendon smiled, nodding his head. "Thanks, doll. I'll be up in a minute or two."

She closed her window, rubbing her eyes with the bottom of her palms. Ella was starting to regret inviting Brendon up, but she was following what her heart said.

She made her way to her dad's bedroom, opening the window for an already waiting Brendon. "Jeez, it took you long enough." He climbed into the house, stretching his arms.

"Well, I was thinking about something that's been on my mind lately." Brendon smirked, caressing her cheek with the side of his hand.

"Tell me, Ella. Were you thinking about me?" Brendon pulled her closer to him, their foreheads resting on each others.

"Y-Yes, Brendon. I-I was thinking about you." He softly smiled, then pecked her on the lips. "God, I love you, Ella. I don't care if your dad hates me to death. I want you and only you."