Chapter 1

Hunter King as Melody Case

Guilty. That would be the word to describe how Melody felt heading to Charming from Sacramento the place she'd been living for the past nine years. Wendy was always the out of control older sister, while Melody had been the rule follower or "goody two shoes" as Wendy called her. When Melody found out about Wendy's habit, she dropped all contact with her sister. And now Melody felt guilty. She should've been there for her sister, should've made her go to rehab. Pulling into the parking lot of St. Thomas, Melody could feel the guilt weighing more and more especially not being able to get away until now.

"Hi, I'm wondering what room Wendy Case is in" Melody stated to the nurse behind the desk.

"And you are?" The nurse questioned looking up at her.

"I'm her sister, what room" Melody demanded getting impatient.

"Room 307" Turning away from the desk, Melody headed for the elevator. She pressed the button for floor three and watched the doors close in front of her. Once she was out of the elevator she searched for room 307, which only took a few moments. With a short knock, Melody opened the door and sobbed at the sight before her. The drugs had really taken a toll on her sister. Her hair was frizzy, her skin was pale and she had small wrinkles already forming on her face. She looked old, and even though she was her older sister, they were only a couple years apart.

"Melody?" Wendy's voice croaked.

"Yeah it's me" Melody replied pulling a seat to her sister's bedside. "What happened Wendy? Is the baby okay, is he going to make it?" Melody asked frantically.

"He had to have emergency surgery, but we're not sure if he's going to make it" A couple tears ran down Wendy's face.

"I feel so guilty for not being here and making you go to rehab, but after you stole from me and lied to me, I wanted nothing to do with you" Melody's voiced cracked a little, but she held back tears. "You need to get help, I don't want you back in my life until you're clean and sober"

"I will" Wendy reached Melody's hand, but she pulled away before Wendy could grab it.

"When you're clean and sober, we can talk again" Melody said coldly heading towards the door.

"So what? You just came here to lecture me, screw you Melody, you ain't so perfect either" Wendy spat. None of this took Melody by surprise, Wendy was detoxing and she was obviously going to be moody.

"I came here to make sure you went to rehab and I came to see my nephew, I don't think I'm perfect Wendy, I just want you to get help" Melody said softly. Suddenly the door opened and a woman with dark hair carrying a bible walked in.

"Sorry, didn't know you had company" the woman said. "I can come back"

"No it's okay, Gemma this is my sister Melody, Melody this is Gemma, Abel's grandma" Melody stuck her hand out and Gemma took it lightly.

"Nice to meet you, looks like the boy might actually see his first birthday"

"He made it?" Gemma nodded her head. "Oh Abel thank god" Wendy said getting choked up a little.

"Yes, you know you could go see him if you want, he should be in recovery" Gemma gave Melody directions and she smiled thanking her.

"I'll see you later Wendy" Melody then headed out to find her nephew.

SOA

Jax cleaned himself off like Tara had told him to and replaced his bloody clothes with some scrubs. Turning the corner towards his son's room he spotted a blonde woman looking through the glass into his son's room.

"Can I help you?" Jax said clearing his throat. The woman jumped and around.

"Sorry" she mumbled wiping the tears from her face. She looked up at Jax and gave him a soft smile. "Are you Abel's doctor" she said taking a step away from the window.

"No, I'm his father, Jax Teller and who the hell are you?" Jax sneered wondering who this woman was. He figured she was a cop or someone from child services. It's not his fault his crank addicted ex shot up while still carrying his son.

"I'm Melody, Wendy's sister" she spoke softly.

"Wendy never mentioned anything about a sister" Jax stated not believing a word this woman was saying.

"I cut her off after she got addicted, the hospital called when she was brought in, seeing as I'm her next of kin, with you guys being divorced and all" Looking more closely, she did kind of resemble Wendy. She was softer than Wendy though, had kind eyes and a sweet smile.

"Right, sorry bout that" Jax said.

"No need to be sorry, I can't blame you for wanting out, she's my own sister and I cut her out over her addiction" Melody shrugged turning back to view his son. "He's a beautiful baby"

"Thank you" Jax said softly taking a spot next to her.

"I'm so sorry about what Wendy did, I told her she needs to get help, I think she's gonna go to rehab" a few more tears slipped down Melody's face.

"I hope she does, we can go in if you want, it's okay with his doctor," He said quietly.

"Is this your first time seeing him?" Melody asked and Jax nodded. "Why don't you go in, I can wait out here" Jax gave her a soft smile and headed inside.

Melody

"Hey, uh Melody" a voice came from behind her. Melody turned to face Gemma.

"Oh Gemma, he's perfect" Melody gushed and Gemma gave her a weak smile. "Is everything alright?"

"There was a code called from Wendy's room, there was a lot of commotion, I'm not sure what's happening" Gemma said.

"Oh my gosh, I have to go" Melody raced back to Wendy's room but a nurse held her back. "That's my sister, what the hell is happening"

"There was a syringe found, she overdosed" the nurse explain.

"I thought only family was allowed, how the hell could you let a drug dealer in" Melody shouted.

"It is only family" the nurse replied firmly and Melody felt sick. Wendy's own mother in-law?