Chapter 27

Melody was at the police station waiting for Unser to release Tig. After hearing about his high-speed chase, Melody figured there wasn't anyone left in Charming that had money to bail him out.

"Aw, darlin' thanks" Tig said as soon as he saw her.

"Anytime, can we go?" Melody asked Unser.

"Get his stuff" Unser said to one of the cops. Tig followed the cop, but Unser pulled Melody aside before she could go with them. "We handed over our information about Gemma's escape to the FBI, they're going to be talking to hospital personnel today, heard there was an unidentified blonde doctor walking around" Unser hinted and Melody stared at him blankly.

"Was she seen helping Gemma escape?" Melody asked and Unser shook his head.

"Well no, but-"

"Real shame then, from what I understand Gemma did this all on her own and it would be a terrible thing to drag some innocent woman into this mess when there's no proof she even knew Gemma" Melody said giving Unser an innocent smile as Tig approached them.

"Someone else is gonna have to pick up that tow truck from the impound, your license has been suspended" Unser explained.

"What, why?" Tig asked and Melody stifled a laugh.

"You took three arms of law enforcement on a hundred mile an hour goose chase, it'll be two years before you're behind the wheel again" Unser said.

"How am I supposed to work? Or ride? Come on you'll be dead by the time I get my license back" Tig exploded.

"Get him out of here" Unser said and Melody grabbed Tig's arm dragging him out.

"You better apologize to him later" Melody said as they left the station. "Come on, I'll call some of the prospects to meet us at the impound" They got in Melody's car and Tig started to grumble about his license being suspended. "Oh shush, you deserved it" Melody finally snapped.

"Hey little lady, I'm not the only one who helped a fugitive leave the country" Tig said and Melody rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, but at least I didn't get caught" Melody smirked and Tig kept quiet for the rest of the ride. She dropped Tig off and then headed to the club to help Gemma with some paperwork. Melody's burner phone rang and she answered quickly hoping it was someone letting her know they all got to Belfast okay.

"Hey baby, it's me" Gemma said and Melody felt slightly relieved.

"Did everyone make it okay?" Melody asked.

"We had a bit of an unpleasant run-in, but nothing too bad after that" Gemma answered and Melody smiled

"Well I'm glad you're all safe, I was worried" Melody replied.

"Not going to ask how Jax is?" Gemma asked and Melody cleared her throat.

"I guess, how's he holding up? Any leads on Abel yet?" Melody asked trying to appease Gemma and secretly missing Jax

"He's not doing too good, I think it might help to hear from you" Gemma said and Melody sighed.

"I don't think it's a good idea, he probably doesn't want to hear from me anyway" Melody said.

"He misses you, I know you'll make up as soon as we get Abel back" Gemma said.

"He's been pushing me away for weeks Gem, I just don't think it's going to happen" Melody said feeling sad.

"Just think about calling him, okay? Sooner than later preferably" Melody said she'd think about it and Gemma gave her the number to call. Then the two women said goodbye and hung up. Melody continued filing some paperwork when she came across a picture she didn't even know existed. It was the night Abel came home from the hospital. Melody was holding Abel and Jax was behind her with his hand on the small of her back. They were looking at Abel and smiling, oblivious to the fact that someone had taken a photo of them. Melody quickly grabbed her phone and dialed the number Gemma had given her.

"Hello?" A female voice answered with a thick Irish accent.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I must have the wrong number" Melody said wondering if she had copied the number down wrong.

"Are you looking for Jax?" The women asked.

"Oh uh yeah" Melody stuttered.

"He just went to grab some beers, I can have him call you back later" The women said.

"No, sorry to bother you" Melody said quickly hanging up. Why was some woman answering his phone? She knew that technically she had broken up with Jax and he was free to do whatever he pleased, but she didn't think he would have found someone so quick. He would never just leave his phone around some woman he didn't trust. Melody tossed the photo in the trash and headed out to her car. She drove straight to her apartment and started packing.

"Hey Charlie, it's me, I'm coming back to the clinic, I just have somethings to take care of in Charming, but I should be back tomorrow night" Melody informed her employee.

"Sounds good boss, call me when you're on your way and I'll meet you at the clinic to go over some paperwork" Charlie said and Melody said she would call when she was leaving Charming.

Next Day

Melody had packed up her apartment and managed to fit everything in her SUV. She had called the people renting her house to let them know that she would be coming back, but they could have until the end of the month to find another place to stay. They were understanding considering Melody had informed them that she could only guarantee a month to month rental. She had also bought herself out of her apartment lease. It was getting late in the day, but Melody hoped to catch Tom at the clinic to grab her last paycheck and let him know she was leaving.

"Hey I didn't expect to see you today" Tom said as Melody walked into the clinic.

"I came to get my paycheck and let you know I'm going back home" Melody said and Tom handed her check to her.

"I have to say I'm sad to see you go, you're a good vet Melody" Tom said and Melody smiled pulling him into a hug.

"You have been so understanding and so kind, I could never even begin to thank you" Melody said and Tom gave her a comforting squeeze. Walking back out to her car, she dialed Charlie's number to let him know she had just grabbed her paycheck and was on her way to Sacramento. Melody passed the club on her way out of town and felt a wave of sadness come over her. She knew that Gemma had wanted her to stay until Abel was back, but Melody didn't think she could hang around knowing Jax had found someone else. She was almost out of Charming when a car rear-ended her. Melody turned the car off and got out to see the damage.

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't even paying attention" The woman said and Melody looked at the back of her car.

"Doesn't look like there's any damage, no big deal" Melody said honestly not caring about the car. She just wanted to get back to Sacramento as soon as possible.

"Hey, I know you, your Jax Teller's girl aren't you" The women asked and Melody looked at her confused.

"I-uh who are you?" Melody asked.

"I'm his girl" She said pulling a gun as a man came into view.

"Whoa listen, I was just headed out of town, I don't want any trouble" Melody said holding her hands up.

"Shut up, we're going for a ride" The man said forcing Melody into the back of her car. "You move and she shoots you" The man said and Melody looked up to see the woman pointing a gun at her.

(Thank you guys so much for all the votes and comments, I seriously appreciate it! It makes me extremely excited to see that people enjoy my story)