Chapter 38

Warning: Mature content

By the time Jax had gotten home, it was the next morning. Melody had woken up to hear the shower going and she got up to investigate. Jax didn't hear her come in so she sat on the toilet waiting for him to get out. When she looked down she saw his clothes from yesterday were covered in blood.

"Rough night?" Melody questioned when Jax got out of the shower.

"Clay got shot" Jax said and Melody noticed how tired and worn out Jax looked. "He's in critical condition at St. Thomas" Jax said and Melody nodded.

"Who did it?" Melody asked and Jax sighed.

"It's complicated, I'm still getting out Mel, things are just a mess right now" Jax said and Melody stood up to put her arm around Jax.

"I trust you" Melody said softly holding on to him. "I think I found a space to open a new clinic in Oregon, the rent on the building is decent and I still have money from selling my house and practice that I could get it up to standards" Melody said and Jax nodded.

"Do whatever you need, we're getting out" Jax said and Melody smiled nodding softly. "I'll be back tonight" Jax said leaning in to kiss her and then he left to get changed. Melody did her best to clean his bloody clothes, but it was hard with one hand. After she fed Abel some breakfast and got him ready for the day. Gemma came by just as Melody had finished helping Abel into his clothes.

"Hey Abel, why don't you go ask Phil to take you in the backyard to play" Melody said and Abel nodded running out of his room.

"Clay was shot last night" Gemma said as Melody placed Abel's pajamas in the hamper.

"I know" Melody said turning to look at Gemma.

"By Opie" Gemma said and Melody scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Why would he do that?" Melody asked stunned.

"Because Clay killed his father, Piney's dead, Clay put a shotgun to his chest" Gemma explained and Melody pushed Gemma aside to shut the door. "Clay killed him because he thought Piney had the letters" Melody cringed.

"He didn't have the originals" Melody said and Gemma grabbed her hand.

"Clay will do anything to keep that truth from coming out, he was the one who tried to have you killed Melody, Clay hired those men to take you" Gemma said and Melody snatched her hand away.

"How do you know that?" Melody asked.

"He took money out of our safe to pay them, I confronted him, that's why he did this" Gemma said pointing to her face which was covered in bruises and cuts. "Clay will keep on hurting everything and everyone that gets in his path until he gets those letters" Gemma explained.

"He threatened me yesterday" Melody said and Gemma nodded.

"Because he knows how dangerous those letters are, where are they Melody, I'll take them and give them to Clay" Gemma said and Melody looked away.

"I don't have them" Melody said finally.

"Bullshit" Gemma hissed and Melody glared at her.

"I told Jax" Melody said.

"Why would you do that? You could ruin everything" Gemma hissed and Melody held her arm up.

"Look at me!" Melody yelled waving her arm around. "I am damaged goods, I might not be able to perform surgery again, I will never be able to run a clinic by myself like this" Melody continued feeling her anger spilling over. "I knew this had something to do with the club and I don't care anymore what happens because of those letters, I told Jax to let it sink in before he does anything irrational, but I don't care anymore, let Clay die for all I care" Melody yelled feeling tears streaming down her face.

"I can talk to Jax, I can fix this" Gemma said and Melody sat back on Abel's bed with her head in between her legs.

"I don't care what you do Gemma, I am done with this club, I love you Gemma, but I am so done" Melody said softly feeling exhausted from her burst of anger.

"Clay has to die, we all know that he killed John and he killed Piney" Gemma said and Melody nodded. "Jax can take over, get the club earning straight" Gemma said and Melody looked up shaking her head.

"I don't know Gemma, all this shit is blowing up and I don't know, I will sit back and let Jax handle it, all this stress is hurting my baby" Melody said rubbing her stomach.

"I know, it'll all get figured out, I'm going to talk to Jax, let him know everything about Clay" Gemma said and Melody nodded letting Gemma leave.

Next Day

Melody sat on their bed with her laptop getting some quotes about opening her own clinic again. She had put Abel down only a few minutes ago and didn't want to go to sleep until Jax got home to talk. She heard the front door and waited for Jax to come down the hall to find her. He looked tense as he sat on the edge of the bed. Melody placed her laptop next to her and sat up more.

"The CIA is behind this Irish cartel hookup, they've been playing us and if I kill Clay, the Irish walk away and the deal falls apart" Jax explained and Melody took a deep breath knowing there was more. "And the feds take us all down"

"Oh my god" Melody breathed out knowing that this time wouldn't be months, it would be years.

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone Mel, but I can't have any more secrets" Jax said and Melody nodded knowing what this meant.

"Jax, I love you, and I know you have to stay, so I will wait until you are ready" Melody said placing her hand on his cheek. "You're my husband and I'm having your baby, I'm not going anywhere" Melody said softly.

"Walking away from my club is one thing but letting it die, I can't, it's part of me, I'm so sorry" Jax said and Melody shushed him.

"I knew what I was getting into, it's okay" Melody said.

"No, you need to go, you need to take our family and get out" Jax pulled Melody closer wrapping his arms around her. "I love you so much" Jax whispered in her ear and Melody could tell he was crying. Jax pulled away suddenly and stood up.

"I told you, I'm not going anywhere" Melody said grabbing Jax's wrist to stop him from leaving.

"You can't stay Mel, you have to go" Jax said and Melody shook her head.

"I won't go, for better or for worse" Melody said throwing herself into Jax's arms. She pulled back and kissed him passionately. Grabbing his wrist again, Melody led him to their bed climbed onto his lap. She kissed him again and slowly kissed down his jaw making her way to his neck. She pushed his cut off and then pulled off his t-shirt. Melody removed her own shirt and then unbuttoned his jeans pulling them off. It was difficult with her arm in a sling, but she managed.

Jax grabbed her roughly and pulled her down onto the mattress. He pulled her pajama bottoms off and then slid his hand into her panties. He played with her clit before sliding two fingers inside making her moan.

"I need you Jax" Melody moaned and Jax complied pulling off his boxers. He slid inside her gently before beginning to thrust into her roughly. Jax pinned her wrist above her head and kissed down her neck. He then used his free hand to rub her clit gently. Soon they both climax and Melody felt Jax release inside her before he pulled out and laid down next to her.

"I have to go, they're expecting me" Jax said and Melody nodded softly.

"Go, we'll be fine" Melody said standing up to get dressed again. "I'll be here when you get back" Melody said as Jax finished getting dressed.

"I love you Melody" Jax said making her smile.

"I love you too Jax, now go on Mr. President" Melody teased shooing him out of the room.